Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

So long summer, it's time for school again!

After a long, fun summer, it's that time of year again--school is back in session! I will be a sophomore at the University of Minnesota this year, and it's great to be back for my second year on campus. I'm excited for my classes this fall, and it's nice to be able to see all of my friends who had left for their hometown during the summer months. I also can't wait for the cool, crisp air and the beautiful colors of fall that will soon be seen throughout the campus.

So far, I have completed just one week of fall semester classes. I am anticipating that this semester will be a great chance for me to gain even more knowledge and learn about some interesting topics. My schedule consists of the following classes: Introduction to Entrepreneurial Management, Business Administration, Operations Management Systems: Business Statistics, Introduction to Public Speaking, and Introduction to Multicultural Literature. I have a great mix of courses that are required for my majors (Marketing and Entrepreneurial Management) along with courses that fulfill Liberal Education requirements and teach me about subjects outside of my majors.

This fall I will be continuing my membership in the professional business fraternity Alpha Kappa Psi, and I will be on the executive planning committee for Business Week, which takes place in the spring. I also intend to take a look at other student organizations to see what is out there. Although I will be much busier during the school year between going to class, studying, and working, I believe that it's very important for all students to find a community to become involved with on campus. The U of M has more than 600 student organizations and clubs available--there's so much excitement here that it's hard to not get involved!

I look forward to keeping you updated throughout the school year with the many activities and events that I will be participating in. Be sure to check my blog regularly to stay updated on the happenings of the University of Minnesota, and to find out what life is like for a real U of M student!

Apply Visit Ask Us Home