Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

The Great Minnesota Get-Together

The Minnesota State Fair is an icon of state culture; it's the third largest state fair in the country, and the fairgrounds are very close to campus! In terms of daily attendance, the MN State Fair is actually the largest in the country. I took my trip to The Great Minnesota Get-Together last weekend, and I had a blast! My friends and I spent the whole day going on rides, visiting promotional booths (with people who handout lots of giveaways!), checking out the animals, and eating.

I had delicious Sweet Martha's Cookies for lunch, but there are many food options available that could satisfy any craving, and almost everything is on a stick. You can enjoy the free entertainment or head to a Grandstand Show to see some amazing performances.

You can also see the sculpture of The Minnesota State Fair's 58th Princess Kay of the Milky Way, which is crafted out of a 90-pound block of butter. Mary Zahurones, 18, of Pierz, Minn., will be the goodwill ambassador for the state's 4,500 dairy farmers. She was chosen from among a dozen county dairy princesses.  Zahurones will attend the University of Minnesota this fall as a pre-med student studying biology and chemistry.

There is so much to do at the Minnesota State Fair that anyone can have a good time!  

Apply Visit Ask Us Home