Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Why Luke Miller, National Merit Scholar, chose the U of M

Name: Luke Miller
Hometown: Charleston, WV
Major(s): Communication Studies
Year of Expected Graduation: 2014

Colleges and universities he considered: University of Minnesota, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University of Pennsylvania, University of Chicago, Northwestern University, United States Military Academy, University of Maryland, West Virginia University

Why he chose the U of M: The University of Minnesota offered three things that convinced me to attend the institution. First, the value of the education is incredible. Choosing the University of Minnesota is receiving the highest level of academics at an amazingly affordable cost. Second, the University of Minnesota has one of the best locations in the country. There is a beautiful, distinct campus snuggled into two of the most vibrant, fun cities in the United States. Finally, the University provides incredible opportunities. When you consider location, academics, and size, there is something for everyone here at the U, whether it is research, arts, sports, community activism, or outdoor adventures.

How he is involved at the U of M: Currently I am working for the University as a Student Development Representative, which has been a great opportunity to talk with alumni and support the University. Also, I am a political news intern with the Minnesota Daily, our campus newspaper. I am involved with Campus Outreach, a Christian organization on campus.

Highlight of his U of M experience so far: The highlight for my University experience so far would have to be meeting so many completely new people.

Apply Visit Ask Us Home