Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Your New Gopher Student Blogger!

321107_2078986186256_1593060366_32199968_7595840_n.jpg

Hello,

My name is Emily Ehlert and I am gong to be the new Gopher Student blogger for the University of Minnesota Office of Admissions this summer! I will be a senior next year and am pursuing a double major in both Journalism and Theatre Arts.

Outside of school I have also worked as a promotions intern for the radio station 101.3 KDWB where I helped out with many events and helped to promote the radio station. 

I am currently a performer at ComedySportz Twin Cities where I perform live improvisational comedy in a "sport-like" setting, doing scenes based on audience suggestions. This summer I am also interning at Allied THA where I will be working with Paramount Pictures and promoting their films in the Twin Cities. 

Since I was a freshman at the U of M in fall 2009, my class got to be the first to create the now-traditional "M" on the TCF Bank Stadium, and my Gopher pride has grown more and more every day since then. I have loved the opportunities the U of M has provided to me, not only because I'm at a Big 10 university, but also because the University that lies in the heart of a major metropolitan area!

I will be updating this blog throughout the summer with information about upcoming events, profiles on current students, and all things U of M--the great academics, opportunities, and even Goldy himself.

I look forward to communicating with you throughout the upcoming summer!

Sincerely,

Emily Ehlert

20090904_big-m_33.jpg

Apply Visit Ask Us Home