Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

U of M Students to Launch Mobile App

This past school year, the Office of Information Technology and the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program crafted the Mobile App Challenge. The contest asked undergrads to create innovative mobile apps that would enhance their lives. From bus tracking to foreign-language vocabulary, many generated exciting and creative ideas for apps. "Wander," the winning app, provides an itinerary of fun, spontaneous things to do in the Twin Cities area for any traveler or local citizen in search of a fun way to fill their day. 

Natalie Doud, a graphic design major, conjured up the winning app with her partner Nate Martin, a computer science major. "Instead of going to Yelp and saying, 'I want a sandwich,' you go to Wander and say, 'I don't know what I want,' and it gives you ideas," Doud says.

The first prize for these creative individuals is funding to attend a conference for app developers. 

If you're from the Twin Cities metro, or visiting campus in the future, sign up to find out when the Wander app launches here! It sounds like a great way to get the most out of our great location. 

To learn more about the Mobile App Challenge, including videos and information about other entries, visit http://www.oit.umn.edu/collaborative/projects/mobile-challenge/index.htm.

Apply Visit Ask Us Home