Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

U of M Major Spotlight Series

_2498099026.jpg

When I chose to attend the University of Minnesota, the biggest reason I was excited was that there were so many majors I could choose from. There are currently more than 130 majors at the U of M.  Whether you know exactly what you want to do, or you're still deciding, the many major options along with the resources such as the career centers and academic advising, can help you find the right path for you.

I will be highlighting the many major options at the U of M through a Major Spotlight Series, which will include majors from our seven freshman-admitting colleges: College of Biological Science; College of Design; College of Education and Human Development; College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences; College of Liberal Arts, College of Science and Engineering, and Carlson School of Management. Each blog post will have a grouping of different majors, descriptions of the majors, and a sampling of the types of careers our graduates have pursued with their U of M degree. 

If you have more questions about any of the majors you read about in the upcoming posts, the best way to learn more is by scheduling a campus visit! You can schedule a visit by calling our VISITLINE at 612-625-0000 or by visiting http://admissions.tc.umn.edu/visit. 

Apply Visit Ask Us Home