myU OneStop

Unit's home page.

Life as a Carlson School Student

It is hard to believe that this is my second to last finals week!  It seems like just a short while ago when I was a freshman here at the University of Minnesota adapting to the college lifestyle.  But enough for the nostalgia, I should tell you a little more about myself and what my life is currently like as a college senior!

I think many seniors at the Carlson School would agree with me that our last fall semester is the busiest point of college.  I, like many others, have been rigorously interviewing for full time jobs after graduation.  This is an exciting time, but also very busy.  The fact that many companies actively recruit and interview in the Carlson School has made my life a lot less stressful!

In addition to class and interviewing for jobs, I am also very busy conducting my own research project.  As a new requirement to graduate with Latin Honors, students must develop, conduct, and carry out a unique research project.  Because I am a Marketing major and have a passion for traveling, I chose to measure the success of international branding strategies for U.S. products in Central and Eastern Europe. I completed a great deal of background research when I was studying abroad this past Spring in Warsaw, Poland.  I am still working hard collecting and interpreting the data for my project, but will keep you updated on its status as we progress into 2010!

Now, you might be thinking, do Carlson School students get to have any fun outside of class work?  Absolutely!  As a matter of fact, I am about to meet up with some friends to play basketball at the Rec Center!  Catch ya later!