myU OneStop

Unit's home page.

A Few Short Weeks to Go

What a busy week! It's hard to believe that there are only a few short weeks left in the semester. My life has been full of group projects for my accounting and business statistics classes, papers for my history, music and career skills, classes, and preparing for finals in all of my classes. I have four finals next week. Two are traditional exams, one is a paper and a presentation, and one is a written essay in class. I think everyone on campus, professors included, is looking forward to a well-deserved winter break. I know my roommates and I are looking forward to having our own rooms (and shower!) for a while, as well as someone to do our laundry!

As the Holidays come closer, many students are celebrating with friends by making trips downtown to see the Holidazzle Parade, the Macy's 8th Floor Holiday Show, and do some gift shopping. There have also been several events on campus hosted by student organizations that have included free Holiday cookies and hot chocolate--a much enjoyed treat this time of year!

When I come back in January, I will be starting Carlson's Immersion Core (I-Core) curriculum, which is four classes: marketing, management, finance, and operations and management systems. I am really looking forward to taking my first marketing class since I plan to be a marketing major. I am also looking forward to management because I loved my Contemporary Management that I took last spring.

There will also be several social events that I am looking forward to next semester. My UHSA Social Co-Chair and I are planning trips to the Science Museum, Minneapolis Institute of Art, movie and game nights on campus, as well as UHP's second-annual Spring Formal (this year's theme is Candyland!). Additionally, Carlson's annual Chocolate Gala (my personal favorite Carlson event of the year) is scheduled for February, and the Ambassadors will be busy with planning and attending several prospective student events. The spring 2010 semester looks to be a busy and fun-filled one!