myU OneStop

Unit's home page.

Spring Break

We are half-way through the week before Spring Break! I know all of my classmates and I are looking forward to some well deserved rest mid-way through the semester. Many students are stocking up on sunscreen as they prepare to jet off to warmer, sunnier destinations. Others are breaking out their skies and skates to go in pursuit of some fresh powder. And a number of students, including me, are heading home to enjoy some relaxation and home cooked meals.

One unique Spring Break trip sponsored on campus is the organization's "Students Today Leaders Forever" (or, STLF) Pay it Forward tour. This organization sponsors several buses that go to various locations throughout the US, such as Dallas, Washington DC, and New Orleans, to complete service projects. A number of Carlson students are involved in STLF, and I know a few of my classmates are going on the Pay it Forward tour next week. There are other service opportunities during Spring Break through the U, including Habitat for Humanity projects.

It's going to be nice to get a week off. The professors have lightened the work load a bit, so we can fully enjoy our vacation time. This week will still be busy for me, as I wrap up some exams and assignments. Friday night, I am going to see La Bohéme at the Ordway with my mom and aunt--what a great way to start vacation! Break will also be a nice time to get a head start on some planning for next semester. It's hard to believe that it's already time to think about Fall 2010!

Well, back to work for me! I've got some management and marketing reading to finish before the week is over. Luckily, it's easy to stay motivated when vacation days are in sight!