myU OneStop

Unit's home page.

Post Graduation Plans

It is hard to believe that it is finals week and that I will be graduating in less than a week!! Trust me, it still has not sunk in yet.  It has been a very busy, but also enjoyable senior year, in which I have learned more than any other year that I have been in college.  I have also pulled more all-nighters than any other year I have been in college!

The Carlson graduation ceremony will take place next Monday at Northrup Auditorium.  After the ceremony, I have a month before I will begin my full time job. During that month, I plan to spend some time relaxing, training for a triathalon, catching up on some leisure reading, and spending time with friends!  Most of all, I am looking forward to spending some time with my family in my hometown of Worthington, MN.

On June 21, I will begin work as a full time consulting analyst at Accenture's Minneapolis office!  While I am looking forward to my time off, I am also really looking forward to beginning my career!  My time here at Carlson has prepared me quite well for what to expect my first day on the job. Carlson holds Senior Send-Off seminars that fully discuss benefits selection and making an initial impression; this will prepare me for that first week on the job.  Additionally, Carlson holds a session on how to get promoted so I can start climbing the career ladder right away!

Generally, the first week on the job is spent getting accustomed to the office environment and filling out the initial employee paperwork. After the first few weeks, I will begin a training program at Accenture's training facility in St. Charles, Illinois.  This week is spent with employees from around the world who are beginning their careers with the company!  I am sure that I will meet some amazing people at this training session.  After that I will be staffed on my first project and will begin contributing to the company!

While this will be my last blog post, I would just like to take a moment and leave you with some parting thoughts.  I have enjoyed every minute of my time as an undergraduate at the Carlson School of Management!  It is an excellent education at an affordable price.  It has strong connections with some of the best and brightest companies in the world.  And it has an excellent career services and advising office that knows how to prepare students to excel after graduation. Please take this into consideration and schedule a tour if you are considering applying and/or enrolling at the Carlson School. You will not be disappointed!

Sincerely,
Chad Vaske