myU OneStop

Unit's home page.

Summer Plans

I can't believe there are only a couple weeks left in the semester! Spring semester always seems to fly by. There's a lot to look forward to this summer. Many students use the summer months to intern at various companies of interest, take a summer class or two, or study abroad. Of course, it's always fun to catch up with friends from home once we're finally all together at the same place at the same time.

I am very excited to be the marketing intern at the Como Zoo & Conservatory this summer! The internship will give me the chance to do some marketing materials, press releases, and event planning. I will be involved with the planning of the Japanese Lantern Lighting Festival, an annual event at the zoo. I am also excited to be at the zoo during the opening of the new polar bear exhibit at the beginning of June.

In addition to my internship, I am hoping to get some time on the golf course, as well time to curl up with some good books. It will be nice to get some relaxation in before the busy fall semester starts up!