myU OneStop

Unit's home page.

Giving Back

For those of you that are in high school, I'm sure that you've spent time doing some sort of community service.  It is a great way to give back to the community, meet new people, and have fun!  There are many ways to continue that at Carlson and the U of M too.

Net Impact is a student group at Carlson that does many volunteer projects throughout the year, and they help students learn to apply their business skills to bring out a positive change in the community.  Women in Business puts on a "Dream Date" event each year where they auction off date packages to raise money for charity, and the Student Accounting and Financing Association organizes a 5k run for the Ronald McDonald House near campus. 

Across the university you can join groups like Habitat for Humanity and Students Today, Leaders Forever (STLF).  STLF organizes a Pay It Forward Tour each spring break.  Students ride charter buses all over the country and do service projects in different cities along the way.  I've had a lot of friends go on the tours, and they had an awesome experience.  I also went to Relay for Life last year with a group I'm in, and last year the university raised almost $200,000!  It was a great time.  So you can see that there are tons of ways at the U of M to have fun and help people out at the same time!