myU OneStop

Unit's home page.

Graduation time!

I don't think it has sunk in yet, but I just finished writing my last paper as a student at the University of Minnesota! I know it is said often, but I cannot believe that it was just four year ago when I was worried about meeting new classmates and trying to find the computer lab.  Now I am just a few finals away from graduating.

I didn't always realize it at the time, but I have learned so much while at Carlson, not only in the classroom but also in internships and student groups as well.  I can actually see myself using what I've learned in the "real world."  Life after graduation won't be too much of a change as I will be attending graduate school, unlike most of my friends who will be starting jobs.

It will be sad leaving friends and all the places that I've known the last four years, but I know I will be back to visit and will easily keep in touch with friends (thank you, Facebook!).  I also know that there will be professors and advisors that I'll keep in touch with as well.  There have been so many people that have helped me while I was here, and it is crazy to think that my one decision to choose Minnesota and Carlson has set me on the path that I'm on now.  I definitely know that it was the right choice for me and have gotten everything I could have wanted out of my college experience, and in a couple weeks I'll be walking across the stage to get my diploma!