myU OneStop

Unit's home page.

Why Hello There!

Hi all!

My name is Sydney Dillmann and I'm from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I'm currently a sophomore at the Carlson School of Management! This blogging thing is pretty new to me, but I hope I can offer some insights on what it's like being an out-of-state student and sophomore in the process of choosing my major here at Carlson! 

Coming from a larger city like Milwaukee, it's important to me to live in a large city with its own culture and community beyond a local college. That's why I love the Twin Cities! First of all, you get two for the price of one. What a deal! Both St. Paul and Minneapolis have their own individual personalities, so there's always something different for everyone to do!

Minneapolis has been rated one of the most bike-friendly cities for the last few years, so bring along your bike and you're ready to go explore! You can go see your favorite bands at First Avenue, catch a Twins game after classes (but seriously... Go Brewers!), or even head over to the historic Fitzgerald Theater in St. Paul to watch a live broadcast of Minnesota's most beloved radio show: A Prairie Home Companion!

There's no dearth of things to do on campus, too. The Weisman Art Museum on the East Bank just reopened a week ago! And it's pretty neat; just this past weekend I went to a a concert there with some friends! Who can say no to free music and food?

Speaking of food... right next to campus you'll find some great food options. Whatever cuisine you're in the mood for, Dinkytown has it. Personally I'm obsessed with Chinese food, so I love that I have at least four different options. My favorite is Pagoda! Whether it's self-serve frozen yogurt from Chilly Billy's or a burger and malt from Annie's, it's all (maybe a little too) conveniently located next to the heart of the East bank of campus.

Of course, school and homework always comes first. But it's nice to know there are so many options for you when all the homework is done!