myU OneStop

Unit's home page.

Winter Break!

As the weather turns cold and fall semester finally winds down it is time to look forward to a couple weeks of no class!  I only have one more final to finish up on Monday morning and then I am done for the semester.  I can't wait to go home for a few days and see old friends and spend some quality time with my family.  Finals have been tough as usual, but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter as every day goes by and winter break gets even closer.

I am looking forward to going home and seeing my older brother (a Carlson grad last year, currently working in Texas) as well as my parents and hearing more about my younger brother's first semester at Carlson.  I also have a fun ski trip up to the Duluth area planned with some of my friends from back home, as well as from the U to celebrate our time off.  Classes won't be starting back up until mid January so most students get almost a full month off to see people, work, or just straight up be lazy all day. 

I am in the minority who will be busy for most of my break as I recently accepted a winter internship with a public accounting firm.  I will be starting on January 3rd and working basically full time while attending classes so my break is going to be cut a little short.  I guess that just means I have to make the most of my short break!

Happy Holidays!