myU OneStop

Unit's home page.

Future Fright Week

Do you find business interesting but don't really know what to specialize in?
Are you curious about what job opportunities exist for different majors?
Do you want a better understanding of what each major entails?

If you answered 'yes' to any of the questions above, then you are like many Carlson School students in their first and second years.  Luckily, there's  Future Fright Week which can help ease your nerves.

Future Fright Week is a series of information sessions (cleverly scheduled around Halloween) that students can attend to learn more about major choices and career paths.  

At each information session, there is a faculty member to talk about the academic side of the major, and a panel of business professionals to discuss career paths related to that discipline. Students have the awesome opportunity to ask any questions they want to the faculty member and business professionals.

The different majors and career paths you can explore during the week include:
•    Accounting
•    Consulting
•    Entrepreneurial Management
•    Finance and Finance & Risk Management Insurance
•    Human Resources & Industrial Relations
•    International Business
•    Management Information Systems
•    Marketing
•    Public & Nonprofit Management
•    Supply Chain & Operations Management

I can't recommend Future Fright Week enough to incoming students (I may or may not have gone to every session... I'll give you a hint, I did).  It is a great way to learn more about all the options you have at Carlson, and it's never too soon to start thinking about your future!

So whether you're afraid of the dark or afraid of your future (or both!) be sure to stop by Future Fright Week at Carlson.  I know you won't regret it.