myU OneStop

Unit's home page.

"Legendary U": Golden Gopher Homecoming 2012

Legendary U.jpg
It's that time of year again! The leaves are changing, the weather's getting colder, and the U of M is heating up for another thrilling event--Homecoming 2012! Nothing is more representative of what it means to be a Big Ten School than a week jam-packed with festivities. From a cheer-leading competition to a flag football tournament, a University-wide blood-drive to a concert featuring B.o.B., a Homecoming Parade to the crowing of our wonderful Homecoming Court, and, of course, Saturday's football game where the Gophers take on the Wildcats, this week is going to have it all and more!
Football game.jpg
Real talk: this is the week I most look forward to Fall Semester. It is a week of spirit, Gopher Pride, and most importantly, community togetherness. Last year, as a freshmen, Homecoming really resonated with me--there I was, scared and, let's be honest, pretty clueless, but I threw myself into the events wholeheartedly. I cheered my teams on through all the events, helped create a rocking house-front display, and really established my place on the University Campus. Homecoming is just that--coming home--embracing the University as a place of residence, a place to grow, to learn, and most importantly, to celebrate. I cannot wait for this week--as this year's theme implies, Homecoming is truly going to be "Legendary"! 
House Front.jpg