myU OneStop

Unit's home page.

Back in the States

After spending 4.5 months studying abroad in Lyon, France, I am back! America, home sweet home. My time in France was amazing. I went to several countries, visited 21 cities, and met very interesting people from all over the world. I had so many adventures and experiences I do not even know where to begin. I went to Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany, a town-wide wine release in Beaujolais, France, nightclubs in Berlin, swam in the Mediterranean in Barcelona, Spain and saw a "Big Sean" concert in Paris. I crammed much fun into one semester, and a few sentences do not do my experience justice.

The school I studied at was excellent. I took some excellent business classes, such as international finance and European economics; I also got to meet student from across the globe. I was in a program composed of international students and was able to learn from and make friends with some very intelligent and fascinating people. Through interacting with people from all over the world, I learned to embrace other cultures and to carry an open mind. When I was offered a chance to eat escargot (snails), I took it - and they were delicious!

My time in Europe was memorable, to say the least. It provided me with new opportunities and allowed me to gain an understanding of life - and business - outside of our borders. When you come to Carlson, study abroad for an entire semester. Leave the states behind for a while and learn what it means to live like the French or Chinese. Just GO and do not think twice about it.