« Amanda's Favorite Places | Main | Assignment: Digital Story Analysis (post under Category 2) »

Some of Rachel's Digital Stories

1. A little about me ["ego trippin: my life b like..."]:

This piece uses still photos, text, video and 16mm film clips, and music. It is mostly an example of MONTAGE, and less about storytelling. It shows pieces of my life and some of my life's work.

2. my first ghostbox inspired video "killer cancer cells":

music: "floating opera" by tom servo of doomtree

This is all video footage, with voice-over (v.o.), text, and some instrumental music.

3. breaking the cycle: the story of steven glaze:

This is a short digital story I scanned, shot and edited using still photos, text, voice-over (generated from asking questions [Lambert's interview method], and video footage. This is the story of my (ex [it's a long story]) husband, Steven. It is (or was) to be used as a fund raising tool to do a documentary about his life. Status of the project is currently unclear.

4. "tracks" by tish jones (video projection for live performance, viewable HERE, 4/3/08):

This digital story was created as a video projection piece for a Youth Showcase at the Walker Arts Center. The v.o. is a "scratch" track (meaning it's rough, just to edit with). This piece uses still photos, found photos (stock images), video clips, titles, and lots of motion graphics (animation like zooming, titling, spinning created in Final Cut).

5. "pink ladies" by moira pirsh (video projection for live performance, viewable HERE, 4/3/08):

This digital story was also created as a video projection piece for a Youth Showcase at the Walker Arts Center. The v.o. is a "scratch" track (meaning it's rough, just to edit with). This piece uses still photos (from people's myspace pages, including mine(!)), and lots of motion graphics (animation like zooming, titling, spinning created in Final Cut).

!!! Here are some digital stories (and videos) from my summer 2008 course FEMINIST FILM / MEDIA STUDIES

!!! Here are some digital stories from my spring 2008 course FEMINIST MEDIA MAKING