Dr. Yusuf Abul-Hajj became part of the University of Minnesota's College of Pharmacy in 1968. He served as head of the Department of Medicinal Chemistry from 1984 to 2005 and continues to be a member of the faculty in the College.
About the College of Pharmacy
The College of Pharmacy was founded in 1892. Throughout the college’s history, its programs have evolved to meet the needs of the pharmacy profession. In 1892 the college initiated a program consisting of two years of professional studies leading to the doctor of pharmacy degree. To accommodate new knowledge and technology, the period of formal instruction was extended to a four-year baccalaureate degree in 1927, and increased to five years in 1954. A clinical component was added to the B.S. program in 1967. A postbaccalaureate doctor of pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program was established in 1971. The college added a six-year entry-level Pharm.D. program in 1981.
Please click here for the College of Pharmacy timeline.
Lowell Anderson earned his bachelor's degree in pharmacy from the University of Minnesota in 1962. While in private practice for most of his career, he remained highly active in the University's College of Pharmacy, serving on many committees and as advisor to the dean from 1994 to 1997. After leaving private practice in 2006, he took on larger roles in the College and University, serving as co-director of the Center for Health Care Change since 2008, an adjunct professor in the College of Pharmacy since 2009, and manager of the UPlan MTM network for the University's employee health plan since 2009.
John Kralewski received his B.S. in Pharmacy in 1956, his Masters in Hospital Administration in 1962, and his Ph.D. in 1969, all from the University of Minnesota. He founded the Institute for Health Services Research at the University in 1977 and served as director from 1977 until 1998.
Delores "Dee" Weaver attended the University of Minnesota before and after her military service during World War II, where she worked on her bachelor's degree in business. She returned to the University in 1966 when her husband, Dr. Lawrence Weaver, became dean of the School of Pharmacy. During Dr. Weaver's tenure as dean, Mrs. Weaver served as a volunteer at University Hospitals and Clinics. Though the Weavers left the University and Minnesota in 1984 with Dr. Weaver's resignation as dean, they returned to the University in 1994 when Dr. Weaver served as interim dean. Delores Weaver continues to live in Fridley, MN and maintains a relationship with the School of Pharmacy.