Salary information is available on the UM Reports website for use by University faculty and staff. To use it:
1. Go to http://www.umreports.umn.edu.
2. Click on User Login. You will be prompted for your University Internet ID (referred to there as your X.500 ID) and password.
3. You will need to read and agree to the University's privacy policies.
4. Click on the Search Reports link in sidebar on the left.
5. Set the Filter By Category box to HR & Payroll and the SubCategory to HR Reports.
6. Find Personnel Basic Information in the alphabetical results list, and click on it.
7. Click on Select a College/Admin Unit.
8. Select the College or Admin Unit in which you are interested, and follow the prompts.
9. To find average salaries for a job classification, search UM Reports for "Job Code Average Salary."
It also had the following statement, " If you are not (student/staff/faculty), you will need to e-mail back and tell us the information you need. We will do one look up for those outside the U." I was trained that we should check up to three individuals, beyond which we should refer the patron to the Office of Institutional Research.
I thought it might be useful/interesting to learn what people across the system do and maybe try to standardize our approach. What do you think?
Thanks for your feedback,