Choosing Absinthe Accessories

Absinthe Glass Styles

Absinthe glasses also come in a wide variety of sizes and styles. The main categories include:

Blown Or Molded Absinthe Glasses

Mouth Blown Absinthe Glasses are more delicate, lighter in weight and tend to cost more. Although they are thinner and lighter, they can still be as rugged as molded glass. When buying blown absinthe glasses, look for crystal or borosilicate glass as these tend to be very strong. Molded absinthe glasses are thicker and heavier and are usually much less expensive than blown glass. Molded glasses are also very rugged and hold up well for commercial purposes.

Bubble Reservoir Absinthe GlassAbsinthe Glasses With Reservoir or Dose Line

Some Absinthe glasses have a reservoir or small "bowl" at the bottom of the glass. There are also absinthe glasses with a line molded into or drawn on the glass. Absinthe Glasses with Reservoirs or Dose Lines are used to measure your dose of absinthe. They usually measure between 1 and 1.5 ounces. This is of course just an approximation. You may prefer more or less absinthe. Absinthe is usually mixed 1:3 to 1:5 with water

The Absinthe Dripper

When you use your absinthe spoon, you slowly drip water over the spoon into the glass using a carafe or pitcher. This can be difficult and time consuming. An absinthe Dripper is a small bowl with a tiny hole in it. You place the bowl on top of your glass and fill it with water and it slowly adds the water to the glass for you. The next step up from a dripper is the fountain. See Fountain or Fountains

Absinthe Pipe/Brouilleur.jpgAbsinthe Sipping Pipe Or Brouilleur

Absinthe Sipping Pipes are used to drink absinthe straight. They are small glass "pipes" that are filled with absinthe, with or without water and ice and sipped slowly. They generally hold about 2-3 ounces. Some Brouilleurs allow you to louche your absinthe directly in the pipe (See Right). They are a great way to limit your Absinthe consumption.

Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift. smokeless cigarettes

Great info! I've been looking a long time for this. If you are interested in reviews of different absinthe brands, check out http://www.absinthe-review.com/

I've always loved absinthe! Great info and thanks!

Aw, this was a really quality post. In theory Id prefer to write such as this too - spending time and real effort to make a really good post but what can I only say I procrastinate alot and never appear to get something done. My kind regards, Adelaida.

I am hardly ever astounded by insight articles but this article just established so much amazing and invaluable information that I just have to acknowledge it. I am well-aware of all the importance of this information and salute you with a sincere thanks for your insight. I tried to bookmark your site to promote but I can't manage to, I assume your bookmarker symbol isn't functioning. Just to let you be aware. Continue posting useful and unique contents. Cheers !

Hi my friend! I want to say that this post is awesome, nicely written and includes all vital info. I'm would like to see more people right in such detail. Thanks much! Also, maybe you could be so kind as to visit my blog about the E-cig

Choosing Your Absinthe Accessories: Choosing Absinthe Accessories I’d need to examine with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I take pleasure in reading a publish that can make folks think. Additionally, thanks for permitting me to remark! Regards, Garden Furniture Manufacturers