RNC PROJECT CONCEPT PROPOSAL LIST
Here is the tentative list that we developed in class on Thursday, October 9th 2008 For project RNC:
I. ELEMENTS OF SOUND
1. Live sound production: trumpet, drums, objects etc
2. MAX manipulation of live sound
3. Two "modes" of the performance: live, where we need the performers present, and "self sufficient" where we can turn the exhibit on and let it do its thing (computer run)
4. The rap song on MAX (no live performance necessarily needed)
5. Ambient Noises (helicopter, horses, chants, orders....)
6. Composing musical pieces and manipulating them: Since the room will be divided into two sides, we can utilize simple audio programs to make a counterpoint/polyphony/sonic exchange between the speakers on the two sides of the room.
II. VISUAL ITEMS
1. Projections, videos, a composition of edited video
2. Performers/Actors (costumes)
3. Shadow Puppet depicting cop violence
4. Cameras to take visitor's photo and incorporate it into display
5. lots of images! saturate the room in projections, and have a painting or two to boot.
III. INTERACTION WITH AUDIENCE
1. Sensors for all kinds of stuff... smoke, sirens, lights, physical triggers.
IV. ROOM DIVISION
1. Upon entry, one will choose a side of the divide to start with
2. Walls (with either eyeslits, or some sort of translucent materials...)
3. Protest signs
4. Lights and Curtains
5. Crossing from one side of the room to the other is arduous
V. CHOREOGRAPHY: Syntax, Juxtaposition, Counterpoint, Sequence
1. To be solidified as material is gathered.