Freud, Sigmund, The "Uncanny", (1919).
PDF is here.
This entry outlines the necessary ingredients for getting a Teensy (our choice of arduino compatible micro-controller) communicating with Cycling '74's Max programming environment.
1. In order to use Maxuino, you must load the "StandardFirmata" sketch onto the teensy/arduino. It's under File>Examples>Firmata...
2. Input/Output pin numberings are on the Teensy Reference Pages
Important on-line reference/help:
1. Arduino forum (search for anything arduino related)
2. Max Forum (search for type-of-sensor and/or arduino)
3. Instructables (search for anything + arduino)
4. Make Blog (search for anything + arduino)
5. SparkFun (a vendor, but good reference for what sensors there are)
6. YouTube (search for anything + arduino)
Mark Knierim, art department tech superviser is offering a 1-time shop training.
If you haven't had this training, it is required before you're allowed to use the shops.
Time: Friday (1/29/10), 1.45pm
Where: Regis East Building Woodshop
Duration: 1 hour (or less)
Please be there if you've yet received the lessons!