This entry outlines the necessary ingredients for getting a Teensy (our choice of arduino compatible micro-controller) communicating with Cycling '74's Max programming environment.
- Our micro-controller: Teensy/Teensy++ 2.0 (important reference page here)
- Programing for our microcontroller: Arduino IDE (install, including "FTDI drivers")
- Teensy/Arduino IDE link: Teensyduino (install Teensyduino and Teensy Loader, use latest BETA!)
- Programming environment for our computer: Cycling '74's Max
- Max patch for communicating with an arduino/teensy: Maxuino 0.7 (install)
1. In order to use Maxuino, you must load the "StandardFirmata" sketch onto the teensy/arduino. It's under File>Examples>Firmata...
2. Input/Output pin numberings are on the Teensy Reference Pages
Important on-line reference/help:
1. Arduino forum (search for anything arduino related)
2. Max Forum (search for type-of-sensor and/or arduino)
3. Instructables (search for anything + arduino)
4. Make Blog (search for anything + arduino)
5. SparkFun (a vendor, but good reference for what sensors there are)
6. YouTube (search for anything + arduino)
latest with firmata:
use THIS firmata sketch.
Firmata.zip: this folder should replace: