Some ideas for working with the laser cutter.
- Download and install Google SketchUp
- Build your own thing, or download some components from the 3d warehouse
- If a flat cut (like gears), then view your model from the top, export a vector file (.eps), and
- open the file in illustrator. Make the file conform to laser-cutter standards; cut
- If building a 3d structure, consider using finger joints, OR, use a clever origrami program like
- Pepakura to UNFOLD your model; then export a vector file (.eps) from Pepakura, open in
- Illustrator and make conform to laser-cutter standards