Bradley/Liam: Cars on the greenway

A projection of cars driving projected on the wall of the greenway

yeh. agreed. it was very Koyaniskatsi. I would have enjoyed hearing nature sounds over the industrial footage. thats just me though. The video footage was very well shot. However, I would have loved to see it in its intended location. Sometimes, where art is can be as important as what it is.

I think this was all about location and i wish we could've seen it in the right spot. The idea of a fast interaction with a piece intrigues me and I think it would have been very cool to see in the way it was intended. The footage was still fun and interesting.

I'm with Casey, I feel like we didn't get the full experience of this piece in this location and with this set up. That being said, the footage itself was quite stark and visually rich at the same time. It's a striking perspective that I feel would have been quite provoking had it been in it's intended place.

Bradley said he was interested in the piece functioning as a split second view as bikers rode by. My observation of the space indicates that some bikers will stop. Perhaps the original locations, spacing would have make it a little more inaccessible and a little more split-second?

Personally, I am not sure of the intent to show speed- up images of traffic and people in a space like the greenway that is a designed to get folks out of that!
Melle

I was not tuned in very close to this, although I can see that in a tighter space as people rode by, it might produce some surprise and expanding of consciousness - the "oh yeah, there are other places in the world than where I am now" moments are priceless to me...
And NOW I'm inspired (ominously twiddles fingers).
I'd like to see it in another context.

I thought this piece was pretty easy to sit back and watch. I also liked its simplicity. I think it was a very interesting concept to capture something we see everyday and present it with the viewer right in the middle. It would have been cool to see it on a longer loop, or even live if that could work somehow.

Particularly I was attracted to the huge bus turning and joining the traffic and another truck wiping out the frame as it passes by. Nice way of polluting our greenway by projecting vehicles. It would certainly make us think about the contrast.

Recent Comments

• Meena Mangalvedhekar: Particularly I was attracted to the huge bus turning and read more
  • newma262: I thought this piece was pretty easy to sit back read more
  • keirx004: I was not tuned in very close to this, although read more
  • drag0061: Bradley said he was interested in the piece functioning as read more
  • mccor234: I'm with Casey, I feel like we didn't get the read more
  • cayko001: I think this was all about location and i wish read more
  • donov094: yeh. agreed. it was very Koyaniskatsi. I would have enjoyed read more
  • carpe237: This was a really simple, yet intriguing piece. I would read more