Sean/Nicola: "Future" sound/ visual scape

Live music/ spoken word performance with projections of texture/landscapes and costumes done by Nicola and Sean

we tried to talk about:

an imagined human future which is perfect.

we wanted to to focus on social perfection. (meaningful interactions, a disappearance of gender problems and discrimination, and an increase in love and communication)

we've since refurbished the sound.

nicolas voice should have been louder (my fault)

the location could have been better (perhaps where casey and zach projected (performing on the balcony))

musically, we're going for "these are powers", polyrhythms, "telepathe", deep bass, and innovated sounds, "xiu xiu, and maybe a little "animal collective" *(lol)

Well, as you have said, there was some lack of clarity to an audience member about the meaning of this work. Aesthetically, it was flawless, I loved the costumes and the sounds, even the impossible to understand dialog added something to the wonderful scene that was created. It seems like you mentioned just about everything that could be said, but again, if you want to make a point, especially if you want to make it to those who aren't enrolled in an art class, it might help to drive it home more. The greenway, also, probably isn't the best place to present a complex audio-visual work like this, but we were all struggling with location.

This was a very interesting piece for me. The projections and you two were awesome to look at and the dialogue i heard was very intriguing. The creativity and hard work really showed and you guys put on a great performance. I wish i could have understood what you were saying a little better, but i still enjoyed it and has a good time.

I found the piece visually striking and whimsical, with the cobbled-together costumes and the stunning backdrop and all. The amount of modulation that Nicola's voice went under was sometimes detrimental to the audience's comprehension of her words (if that was intentional, bravo!). As always, the music was fantastic, and while I may not have walked away from the piece with much understanding of it, I was certainly intrigued by it, a major thought-motivator!

The words could have been more audible.
I felt like the visuals were engaging but I could not connect them to the sound and words.
Since the "staging" made me want to watch you as "performers", I felt like there could have been more "performing", but I am aware that some of the stillness could have been deliberate.

Words could have been more audible, yes.
I dig the landscape you awoke in, and your initial starting position evoked sleep or time travel at the same time as togetherness. The collaboration you went through as group partners really came through in your characters, as you were each actively maintaining a part of the whole environment.
I think there's a lot you can do with the theme of spring/life cycles combined with futuristic/conceptual ambiance. Keep digging.

Rainbow psychedelic visiting earth from outer space in futuristic costumes yea! The shadows of your figures played into the work, curious if the placement of the projector could have amped the perspective- exaggerating just a bit further. I desired just a bit more movement, the choreography of straight forward was slightly static but made when you faced one another all the more poignant.

You two certainly provoke a romantic feeling, lovers on a lost planet? The wide open air shots of earth and the blue/brown tones served nice contrast to the costuming. Just a little more lighting on your figures?

When does your spoken word electronic act play again?

Seeing you guys walk around with the cool costumes on before performing really built this one up for me. I thought it was crazy cool and trippy combination of sound, speak, and visuals. At times I had trouble understanding what was being said, but it was still a performance that I could not look away from. Again though, nice job on the costumes, I was very impressed.

Ok. first I thought its aliens visiting earth. Then aliens taking oath to not harm this planet...or may be a prayer that some space ship would come and take them back. Meanwhile they fall in love and start worrying like a married human couple. ha!

cool costumes! simple yet extravagant visual effects ! soundtrack was overlapping spoken words.. it could have been done better.

Recent Comments

• Meena Mangalvedhekar: Ok. first I thought its aliens visiting earth. Then aliens read more
  • newma262: Seeing you guys walk around with the cool costumes on read more
  • drag0061: Rainbow psychedelic visiting earth from outer space in futuristic costumes read more
  • keirx004: Words could have been more audible, yes. I dig the read more
  • Bradley: The words could have been more audible. I felt like read more
  • mccor234: I found the piece visually striking and whimsical, with the read more
  • cayko001: This was a very interesting piece for me. The projections read more
  • gils0042: Well, as you have said, there was some lack of read more
  • donov094: we tried to talk about: an imagined human future which read more
  • carpe237: Well, this was my piece but I would like to read more