Recently in Opportunities Category

Art-a-Whirl, May 14, 2010

Map of Art-a-Whirl sites 
-markers for locations of each projects 
-colored shapes for possible projection areas 

View MAW school 2010 in a larger map

Floor plans of the site
Thorp_Aerial.jpg

Some images of the site
-large hall image is "Space 2"

http://www.bohmcre.com/artawhirl2010.htm

See footage from last year here (10:15-11:18): http://anderpander.us/?p=95

Please email me at 'maw@umn.edu' if you are interested in doing work at this event.

As I said, I'd like to meet with them next week and would be glad to have interested people along, both to scheme and see the site.

thanks!

-Andrea

UROP: undergraduate reserach opportunity

For those of you interested in MAW's line of research, and/or interactive art applications in general the UROP is an excellent opportunity.  Due date is in march, application is not so demanding, and I am presently looking for undergraduate research assistants for a number of projects.

Please check the details and post any you questions you may have.

Opportunity! MawLib Workshop @ WBSC

MAW researcher Christopher Baker (christopherbaker.net) will be leading a workshop next Wednesday, February 3, from 2pm-till late at the West Bank Social Center (501 Cedar Ave S). Chris is the primary contributor to a body of software called 'MawLib'. The goal of this workshop is to make aspects of MawLib usable by beginners. It will be helpful to bring an Apple laptop. Contact Ali if you need help obtaining one.

Recent Comments

• Meena Mangalvedhekar: Ok. first I thought its aliens visiting earth. Then aliens read more
  • Meena Mangalvedhekar: Really appreciate Mel's courage to use livedraw and that too read more
  • Meena Mangalvedhekar: Particularly I was attracted to the huge bus turning and read more
  • Meena Mangalvedhekar: most affordable video game of 2010 !! I enjoyed the read more
  • newma262: This piece really brought the interactivity to the table. It read more
  • newma262: I thought this piece was pretty easy to sit back read more
  • newma262: The singing and the harmonica really made this piece for read more
  • newma262: Seeing you guys walk around with the cool costumes on read more
  • newma262: My favorite thing about this piece was definitely the choice read more
  • donov094: im now convinced that the high sound was a silly read more