DIGI PAINT---tyler hallett

here are some of my paintings...

Continue reading "DIGI PAINT---tyler hallett" »

MizuIro--Tyler Hallett

Here is a mixture of a few watercolor stop motions....media mill was not loading it right so I had to do it this way

Download file

thumb.jpeg

Hypox--Tyler Hallett

Here is something that I was playing around with....I actually found that you can perform with music to make some cool visual connections, but I have yet to record that yet.....soon enough though

Media Mill Video

Water or Color--Tyler Hallett

Media Mill Video

Lets Face It--Tyler Hallett

Media Mill Video

make sum noise--Tyler Hallett--Final

Media Mill Video

Evidence Locker

speaking of Jill Magid (whom I love love love!)...I saw this piece this last summer in New York and was extremely captivated by her concept and writing......

http://evidencelocker.net/story.php
The above is the website element of the below project-->

http://jillmagid.net/EvidenceLocker.php

knots/firewater

Making this video, i had an idea to visually express a mental process. I thought of the way ideas - or any other type of thoughts - come and go through the mind. The string tying itself into a knot is the visual representation of an idea itself - that is, a self-contained source of energy with the potential to be formed into a physical product or action. The water filling and emptying the jar on the right hand side is an abstraction for the way the mind can be alternately full and empty, able or incapacitated, to fulfill the potential in a idea. The knot catches fire as it becomes more and more entangled, a representation of the idea "fizzling out."
So the video is a symbolic - and very simplified - representation of a certain cycle in the mind, in which ideas come and go, entering into realization or fizzling out into nothingness entirely by chance according to whether or not the elements in the mind are aligned correctly to capacitate the realization ofthe idea's potential.
That being said, this video is an idea not fully realized. There is no represenatation per se of when an idea "gets through" and its potential is realized. This is something i couldn't think of quite how to express, but would like to, as i think it would be a step towards completely realizing the potential in this idea.

DRUMCORPS!!!

So Drumcorps is coming to station 4 on 11/8 (Thursday). If you are interested in very intense and alienating electronic music you can't miss this!!!

http://www.mnvibe.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67430

Peter Browne-Motion Study

Continue reading "Peter Browne-Motion Study" »

Video Self-Portraits

Some references and inspirations:

Marina Abramovic
: Balkan Baroque, Rhythm 5
Bruce Nauman: Bouncing in the Corner, Flesh to White to Black to Flesh
Lev Yilmatz: Tales of Mere Existence
Candice Breitz (artnet): King, Karaoke
Vito Acconci (wikipedia), Pryings, Centers
Jill Magid: Surveillance Shoe
Manu Luksch: Faceless
Time Hawkinson, wikipedia: Emoter
Arthur Zmijewski (art margins), Berek (The Game of Tag)

A random question!!

Hey Heba or anyone else who can provide me an answer.
What is the name of that Somali horror movie?

KTHXBYE

-F

Heba Amin-Identity and Urban Infrastructure

This, for me, is still very much a thought, a part of a larger concept to be explored. I am interested in failed, abandoned spaces and how they affect human emotion and behavior. The idea with this exploration is to insert the viewer into the imagery as a way to contemplate the issues presented. I found interesting the comments on loneliness and the lack of identity of the mass/crowd. From here I want to alter the timeline of some of the silhouettes where some freeze in time while others delay or have altered states of time. I also want to explore the idea of surveillance, and the suggestion of the zoomed panning of the original picture is one that I find extremely interesting. I will post a new video after I alter some of those things.

test file upload

here is the file: Download file

Stock ticker- Morgan Adamson