MAW 2009 Final Student Project Outings

MAW 2009 Final Student Project Outings

Final Project Outing

View Larger Map

Hey, MAW mates. I have schedule my final project outing for next Wednesday, May 13 at the location shown. It's a parking lot right next to Art Institutes where I teach (9th and Hennepin, downtown). I thought this would be a great way to expose MAW to students at Ai. I'm planning on using a projector and speakers from the school, so all you have to do is show up. Here's the publicity paragraph that's going out to students and alumni:

John Keston will be performing using his Gestural Music Sequencer or GMS on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 in the parking lot next to Art Institutes International Minnesota, 15 South 9th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota. The GMS was written in Processing.org by Ai instructor, Unearthed Music recording artist, and AudioCookbook.org founder John Keston. His tool analyzes video input and converts it into a sequence of musical information in real-time. The live video image will be projected on the building while the musical response to the images is amplified through a sound system. For more information about the GMS visit audiocookbook.org/tag/gms/. All Ai students, staff, alumni, and the public are welcome to attend this free performance. A drawing will be held (for WDIM students only) giving away two passes to the Flashbelt conference.

This Week in MAW

Hey MAW people,

An outing to here:
View Larger Map

My hope is to bring a relatively small setup, 2 projectors, 1 generator, 1 laptop, speakers and to rig up a giant version of live-draw with the big light panel so lots of hands can get in there.

If people have other work they would like to try in this space, just be sure to have it prepared on a laptop of your own.

If it rains, as it may, we can either call it a work day at the Regis, or perhaps a tunnel outing, or a little of both?

First Spring Outing

Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Open Play Session: 3rd Ave Bridge WEST

This Wednesday, April 22, I am organizing a performance/play/hangout time under the 3rd/central ave bridge WESTSIDE! I'm inviting some collaborators and have a specific agenda. If any of you are interested in showing/performing work in this location :

From Blog Pics

AND are prepared to be very self-sufficient please let me know. Also, feel welcome to just come and hang out and bring friends. I intend to leave Regis around 8pm and have lights on cement around 9pm.

Voting Closes.

at 6pm, today, for Thursday location.

Do it up, people.

Have a bike?

Hey all,

If anyone does not have a bike for Thursday please let me know. I might be able to help.

-Andrea

Thursday April 16th Outing Options

Some more info on the options....

1. Saint Anthony Main:

View Larger Map

2. Mill City Museum Silos:

View Larger Map

3. The Greenway

Kitty Cat Klub Outing

Hi everyone. I'd like to invite the class to come to the Kitty Cat Klub ,315 14th Av. SE. Minneapolis on Wednesday, April 8 after the make up class (and McNamara outing). My group Keston and Westdal are playing with Graham O'Brien on drums.

Also, Oliver Grudem is going to be doing projection art in the space as we perform. Oliver was the projection artist who was performing at the Spark Festival during the Pole concert. The performance starts at 10pm and it's free. More info is available here:

http://www.unearthedmusic.com/

Thanks!

-John

McNamara Outing

andrea and i are going to take the trikes out and project on the mcnamara center on east bank on wednesday night after the river meeting for class.

we will be laser tagging and experimenting with livedrawing and other projects. please join us on the bicycles too.

E742397.jpg.jpeg

April 16: CLA-OIT Academic Technology Showcase

Hello all,
Our friends over at CLA-OIT are organizing a short public event on April 16, at 12pm, in the Mississippi Room (appropriate!) of Coffman Union. During this event, various groups that have benefited from CLA-OIT's support (like MAW) will present examples of their work. CLA-OIT is a critical university branch for our sort of work; they have been very supportive of our effort, and continue to help when they can.

We are signed up to present some MAW action.
I would like to take the following over there:
-two back pack units (running interactive applications using the iPod Touches)
-one big bike with several projectors mounted to it to project videos of our previous outings.

I am looking for volunteers to help prepare and run the outing.
We will meet in Regis W130 at 10.30am, and we will be back by 1.30pm.

There will be catered snacks/drinks.

Please let me know by posting a comment to this entry.

Thanks,

a

to the muslims of america

0219092120.jpg

i took this picture on the outing last thursday night.

thank you sinan for your ideas... bless!

Class #4, heads on Barb Barker