« Professional Development Day Photos, July 2011 | Main | Story about Minnesota FCS and 4-H Heritage »

Notification to Membership: Canidate for President Elect--Jennifer Garbow

Greetings members and friends of NEAFCS-MN Affiliate
My name is Jennifer Garbow and I am an Assistant Extension Professor in Family Resource Management, located at the Crookston Regional Office.jennifergarbowphotowoods.jpg

I am writing this letter to you to express my interest in becoming President Elect for the term of 2011-2012. I joined Extension three years ago, and have thoroughly enjoyed learning about how our mission and work within Extension positively impacts Minnesota families and the communities in which they live.

The past two years I have served on the Board of Directors for the Minnesota Fathers and Families Network, a fantastic organization and a truly rewarding experience for me, both professionally as well as personally. Also, my family and I volunteer monthly at the Red Lake Homeless Shelter, preparing a dinner for the residents and staff. I it is important for me to contribute my time and talents in professional organizations, and engage in my community. For this reason, I am very interested to learn more about our NEAFCS organization, and I am also interested in thinking about new ways in which Minnesota can contribute to national efforts within the larger organization.

A few personal tidbits about me, I have four children, the two oldest boys are entering their sophomore and junior years, and both are three sport athletes and love to run! My daughter will be nine this month and enjoys acting and singing; she participated in a summer theater production last month in Bemidji and was fantastic. And then there is my little guy-George. George will be two in November is the absolute joy of my life. My husband and I enjoy riding motorcycle, seeing our state on back of a bike gives me a great appreciation for just how beautiful our state is.

Thank you for considering me for the President-Elect position. I look forward to becoming more active in our association and learning more about my colleagues across Extension.