The National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences, Minnesota Affiliate Professional Development committee is hosting our professional development day on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at the University of Minnesota, St. Paul Campus. Come and learn about what we know about aging and use of technology, how to reach out using social media and how to train your brain and keep it sharp. Check out the agenda and register today! Invite your colleagues. Non NEAFCS members welcome!
The Award/Membership committee is proud to announce this years NEAFCS-MN affiliate award winners:
1. DSA - Suzanne Driessen
2. NEAFCS Extension Educator of the Year - Colleen Gengler
3. Food Safety Award - Peddling Your Pickles Safely? - Debra Botzek-Linn with team of Carol Ann Burtness; Lou Ann Jopp
4. Educational Curriculum Package - Dollar Works 2: A Personal Financial Education Program - Cindy Petersen with team of Shirley Anderson-Porisch; Rosemary Heins; Susan Hooper; Jean Bauer
5. Educational Publications -Parenting for School Success - Kathleen Olson with team of Colleen Gengler; Patricia Stoppa; Joanne Musich; Madge Alberts
6. Internet Education Technology - Family Education Network - Ellie McCann with team of Rose Allen; Colleen Gengler; Joanne Musich; Kathleen Olson; Minnell Tralle
7. Newsletters - Home Food Preservation Newsletter - Debra Botzek-Linn with team of Carol Ann Burtness
8. Written Press Releases - Thaw and cook your Thanksgiving Turkey safely - Debra Botzek-Linn
9. Marketing Package Award - Marketing Package - Suzanne Driessen with team of Elena Yepiz; Joellen Feirtag
Congratulations to everyone!!
The Professional Development committee is still in the process of securing speakers for the workshop on Aging and Technology. They are tentatively planning for a July 20th or 21st event. Please hold those dates until all the speakers have been confirmed. Topics the committee is exploring include: mental acuity, aging and technology, retiree panel, good food and fellowship.
From the Living Well committee: 'Tis the season of graduations, weddings, showers, and Mother's Day! Would you be interested in purchasing more copies and if so how many? The Living Well resource book is available for only $23. Please let Rosi know by April 30th if you are interested in ordering more 'Living Well' cookbooks.
Here is the latest board and committee list.
NEAFCS - Minnesota Affiliate members
National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences
Professional Development Day
Growing Personally and Professionally:
Connecting with University of Minnesota Research
Thursday, April 24, 2008
9:30 am – 3:00 pm
University of Minnesota, St. Paul Campus
McNeal Hall, Room 274
Download the registration form