Like Two Weeks Away!

In a bit less than two weeks, I will be able to move into the dorm!!! I can't wait. A few days ago my mom and I went out to buy the stuff I needed for my dorm (refridgerator, shelves, pillows, lamps, TV stand, stereo) and boy am I excited to set it all up and have my own room again!

I am so excited to move in early before the mad rush of all the new people. Ahh...the joys of being a U-Crew person. I am so excited about moving in I already contemplated starting to pack. This is bizarre.

I learned this summer that Luverne most definatly isn't for me. I love the people in the town, but not the town at all. For some reason, being in Luverne just fills me with this state of mind of being extremely lazy. I know what you are thinking, I am lazy anyway, and this is true, but Luverne just amplifies it. I never feel like doing anything. Rather, I always want to do something, but I can usually not find anything to do outside of movies or video games, and after four straight months of nothing but that, even that can start to wear on you. Maybe that is why I started collecting comics, I just needed to do something new with my life. And aside from just my social life being repititive, I never feel like working. Not that anyone ever really does, but my dad offered me a job in construction with him for the last few weeks of the summer cause he needed the help and he would give me some cash that he knows I need. And I said I would. But every morning when I wake up, I just feel like sleeping in longer and not going to work even if my dad gets mad at me. I just feel so lazy and bored. And I am not really explaining what I am feeling very well, so I will just move on.

So I can't wait to get back to college and get busy again. Sure, homework will suck, but at least I will be motivated. And after doing homework, playing video games will be oh so much more sweet. Speaking of video games, I now own an Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, Dreamcast, Xbox, and Gamecube. Boy, which system shall I play first?

So for those of you who have read my older posts in my previous blog, you know that I have this mentality for the past few months about "fuck settling." And I am still trying to keep on keeping on with that mentality. But it is tough. I still have ideas for my screen plays everyonce in a while, but since I read a lot this summer, I now have a TON of ideas aobut this fantasy series I want to write. I am a nerd, and I figure what better way to make myself more of one than by creating my own medieval like world filled with magic and adventure. And from what I have shared with my friends, they really enjoy my story so far, as do I, which I think is the most important part. I just need to work on a better love story to entwine into my series. Being that I don't have too much experience with that side of life, my writing is somewhat limited to what I have seen in movies or read in other books. But I don't want to just copy what other people do, so that is making it difficult. So, any cute/smart/nerdy chicks want to date me so I can research the subject? No? No takers? Shucks, and it was such a good idea.

*Cue American Gladiators Theme Song*

Posted by ambo0016 at August 19, 2004 1:34 AM