Sketchbook 8 - karen d

And here's a little art I did on this website I found out about: http://artpad.art.com
Here's the art: http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?jr6e0qxb09w
It's a pretty cool site that you draw things and you can replay what was done. It gets a little laggy at the end if you'll notice. Oh, and I suggest putting on fast forward or skip to end if you don't want to wait too long.

*edited for separate post*

Laura Peterson - Sketchbook 8

booger.jpg

Here are two pages from my zine. i'm going with the theme of dreams and their meanings. the top one i am going to hand color the copies over the areas of text that are talking about each specific color. the second one is fairly obvious, i hope. let me know what y'all think!

Sketchbook 8 - Karl Noelle

blog 8.jpg

This is one of the finished pages for my zine. I'm really proud of the whole racetrack idea, and how it shows depth.

Sketchbook 8 - Dusty Fields

For another class, I am creating collages related to vision. For this particular collage I am making a TV with "eye" related objects. I am also signifying the various waves that come out of televisions to your eye. These collages will later be traced in illustrator and color will be added.

dustyfieldssketch08.jpgdustyfieldsketch08b.jpg

Update: Haha, I forgot to explain why I posted this to the blog! The style I am trying to achieve is related to a comic book/graphic novel. For our graphic novel assignment, I am not sure if we are able to use illustrator like I used for the above image, but this is the style I want to achieve in our next assignment. Now, I am not going to use the above image for our graphic novel assignment, but I do want to achieve the same style. If we can't use illustrator, I will probably use pen outline with marker to color.

I haven't come up with any good ideas yet for the graphic novel as far as a story line. I want to do something with a talking wolf. Its quirky. We'll just have to see what happens.

Myhli - Sketchbook 8

myhlisketch.jpg

two pages from my zine

flyer inspired by zine

flyer.jpg

Continue reading "flyer inspired by zine" »

beth brinkley- sketchbook post 8

beth and dad.jpg
This is a piece that I am working on right now for my father. the image is himself and I and I need suggestions before I start putting shadows in the drawing. I feel like I look like an anime character and he looks like a blind person. How can I fix this? I dont have any pictures of him without glasses... Should I fake his eyes? Isn't that wrong to fake things in drawing, almost a lie? Let me know!

jon k SB 7

jk.gif

Continue reading "jon k SB 7" »

Luke Mills Sketchbook 8

And here's my entry for this week.
These are the inked illustrations before text and collaged elements are added.

The top is my dracula spread. The text will explain how dracula took on the role of The count on sesame street, and how every few years he feeds on one of the actors, which is why 3 or 4 different actors have played gordon.

The other spread is about the loch ness monsters sad fate.

Sketchbook8 Lisa Reed

sketchbook8lr.jpg
abercrombie zine spread, i'm still working on it

Sketch book - Buck

Danielle Warzala -sketchbook 8

schoolcrap 014.jpg

Continue reading "Danielle Warzala -sketchbook 8" »

Sketchbook Jeff

Mga 1.jpg
Here I have colored the design but will not have it in color in my zine. Again turn 90 degress to the left o view the design properly.

Sketchbook 8 Jenny Olson

zine copy.jpg

These are a few of my zine illustrations that I have done since our critique Thursday. I'm going to go back in and paint over the silhouettes with gouache because the permanant marker strokes are showing up.