Luke Mills12

sketchbook12-003.jpg

So I guess this didn't actually post the last time I did it? Fixed now.
Just a page of some sketches for character ideas for my graphic novel.

2nd page of graphic short story

2nd page.jpg

Jonathan Knisely comic uninked

kkomic.gif

Post 12 Alex Grey

honest1.jpg
This is a projection of one of Grey's paintings. You can really get lost in the repeating design. The eyes are bigger in the front and get smaller as they reach the middle to create the illusion of depth and atmospheric perspective.

Sketchbook 12 - Karen de Queiroz

karen2222.jpg

This is the first page of my graphic novel which is going to end up more like a comic book.

Again, just a brief description about my story before you question why all these girls are in lingerie... It's about these two showgirls (Vaughn and Frances) who want to go bigger in the show biz. So they leave Helen and Mary and travel to the big city. They find a place that's looking for one girl to be -the- showgirl of the theater. Because they're only looking for one, Vaughn and Frances have to compete against each other. Frances ends up winning, so Vaughn becomes jealous. And... Vaughn therefore murders Frances. If you read the postcard in class, you'll notice it's Helen writing to Vaughn and mentions that she hasn't heard from Frances for a while. Because she's dead !
The comic will end up with Vaughn as the new show girl due to the disappearance of Frances, with a very evil face, reading the postcard. :)

Sketchbook 12 - Karl Noelle

-smallblog 12.jpg

Here's my rough draft of my narrative for my graphic novel. I decided that I really liked the double lines that I used here to separate the boxes, and so in the final draft, I will elaborate on that idea and connect the lines in interesting ways.

Sketchbook twelveth - buck

I started to create a narrative which included: drugs, guns, and violence. The only thing missing was sex and I would have an award winning prime time drama on nbc. I decided to revised my narrative entirely, but this was some sketching I had created before I decided to make any changes

Jonathan K

new sketches to the completely new and massively improved comic idea

GREEN

Continue reading "Jonathan K" »

beth brinkley- sketchbook post 12

bscar postcard.jpg
So my postcard is about a girl questioning what other people view her has which has lead to my final idea also about a girl. Except, in my graphic novel the girl does the opposite of questioning, being oblivious.

Dusty Fields - Sketchbook 12

The character for my novel is going to be a kid superhero. This is an example of a sketch and then a rough done in illustrator once the sketch was scanned. I will probably end up sketching the characters and then outlining them with pen, then filling them with marker. Should I add a cape?

dustyfieldssketch12b.jpgdustyfieldssketch12a.jpg

Myhli - Sketchbook 12

Here are rough sketches of the first and second pages my graphic novel.

myhli-sketch11.jpg

Jeff Stuart

illuminated.jpg
This drawing spawned from my charcoal sketch. I really want the human form to play a big role in the narrative of my short story.

sketchbook 12-Jennie Carley

sketchbook 12

Just working on getting my story started..

sketchbook 12 lisa reed

12lisareed.jpg
this is a sketch of the girl from the postcard im using, i want to use this style for my graphic novel and have this be the main character.

Sketchbook 12-Jenny Olson

So I have changed the narrative of my graphic novel, because I felt that the other one was slightly too unbelievable. I am still using the same post card, but the story line is as follows:

Helen and Olga (the two pictured on the front of the post card) are sent to an island far from the United States because the environment in the U.S. was unsuitable for people to live, because of heavy pollution. The girls had been living on the island for years, but the U.S. (in an effort to decrease their pollution) to build a nuclear waste dumping site on the island in recent years and has created a poor environment for living in. In reaction to heavy pollution, the girls were forced by the head of their boarding school to remain in the main building until conditions were suitable to be outside again. So most of the story will be within the building with flash by Helen about what life was like before they were forced to be locked up in the building. The way that the writing from the postcard is going to fit into the narrative is in the very end. There will be one or two scenes showing Helen writing to Miss Vaughn (who was one of her friends in the boarding school that she hasn't seen since the lock-down of the building, because the building is separated by outdoor courtyards and Miss Vaughn lives in a different part of the building). The way that the narrative will end is showing looking out a window, longing to be outside again. Sound good ? if there are parts of it that you think could be changed/modified let me know. I have to start drawing!

first page

graphic.jpg

Continue reading "first page" »