Project #2: Animation

Download file

Sketchbook Posts

I will be checking your sketchbook posts weekly, every Monday morning so that you have until Sunday night to post them. The post could be anything from a sketch, to a thought, to a photo, to something you saw or read that was inspiring, to something you are contemplating in your work. The point is for me to see that you are investigating and contemplating things as they pertain to your work. It is also a way for you to bounce your ideas off others as well as a way to see what your peers are doing/thinking. Feel free to post comments on others' posts.

Make sure your image scans/photos are cleaned up before you post them. Furthermore, when you upload the file, you have the option of posting them as a thumbnail that then links to your bigger image. Please do that so we don't have giant images on the blog. Your original image should be no wider than 400pixels.

Make sure you label your post with "sketchbook # - your name" and place it under the proper category.
These posts make up 10% of your grade.

Guidelines for Lecture/Event Write-Ups

Attend the ENTIRETY of the event.
Write a one page summary of the event (take notes while you are there, reflect on the lecture, exhibit, etc.)
Look up some background information on the artist/s.

Some questions to consider:

What is the event about?
What are some main points that struck you?
How is this event or lecturer relevant to what your interests are (how does it influence your own work)?
What are some things you liked/didn't like about the lecture/event?
Other comments/opinions?

Make sure to write thoughtfully and carefully. I do expect you to actually spend time on this in order for me to understand that you have reflected upon the event.

Presentations

Presentation Guidelines:

Find a relevant artist/illustrator that you would like to share with the class. Prepare a ten minute presentation giving us some background information on the artist, some examples of the artist's work, and why you like/chose this artist (not just that you like their work...tell us why). I will always have my computer and a projector, so just bring a flash drive if you want to use them. Lastly, you will post a brief description of your artist with links to websites/images on our blog under the "Artists" category.

Here is the Presentation Schedule:

Sept. 13: Beth, Danielle
Sept. 18: Lisa, Laura
Oct. 2: Karen, Jenny O.
Oct. 18: Teresa, Andrew B.
Oct. 23: Jarid, Andrew S.
Oct. 30: John, Dusty
Nov. 20: Jennifer C, Luke
Nov. 27: Karl, Myhli
Nov. 29: Jeff, Chelsea

Fall Syllabus

Download file