The College of Liberal Arts Office of Information Technology seeks enterprising, technologically savvy graduate students for the position of Instructional Technology Fellows. This is a 12 month 50% appointment, annually renewable, that begins in January 2011.The 50% appointment includes tuition benefits. Application period is December 15, 2010 to January 5, 2011.
Instructional Technology Fellow
Appointment Term: 12 month 50%, annually renewable, begins in January 2011
The Division of Academic Technologies for the College of Liberal Arts Office of Information
Technology seeks enterprising, technologically savvy graduate students for the position of
Instructional Technology Fellows. The mission of the ITF program is to promote and increase
the thoughtful, effective use of technology to enhance teaching and improve learning in support
of the mission of the College of Liberal Arts and the University of Minnesota. Our goal is to
serve all CLA instructors and, by proxy, their students by enhancing teaching and learning
through the use of technology. The 50% appointment includes tuition benefits.
Major Job Functions:
● Collaborating with departmental faculty and chairs to determine departmental support
needs in core supported technologies.
● Assisting faculty in requesting, organizing, and maintaining course web sites in Moodle.
● Assisting instructors in developing innovative uses in their courses for blogs, wikis,
iTunes U, and SRS clickers to name a few technology resources.
● Promoting the use of core enterprise technologies in their assigned departments.
● Relating departmental needs regarding academic technologies back to CLA-OIT.
● Reporting on support activities in the departments to CLA-OIT.
● Communicating funding and project opportunities from CLA-OIT and the U of M central
administration to their assigned departments.
● Work with departments to identify innovative opportunities for enhancing teaching and
learning with technology.
● Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be energetic, self-motivated and self-directed, and have an interest
in the field of technology-enhanced learning or academic technologies.
Experience with enterprise systems supported within CLA and at the University of Minnesota,
such as Moodle, UThink blogs, University wikis, MediaMill, iTunes U, and SRS clickers is
desired but not required. Technical and instructional design training is provided for all ITF staff.
Send a résumé/CV and cover letter expressing interest to:
Sarah Knoblauch, CLA-OIT Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application period is December 15, 2010 to January 5, 2011.
Please feel free to contact:
Celina Byers, Technology Enhanced Learning Coordinator, email@example.com, 612-626-3896