« Too many calendars! | Main | Library Tutorial »

Online Registration

I once asked program teams in AFE for items that would make their job easier. My favorite comment was, "I would like, sometime before I die, to be able to use online registration." And believe me, it was a close dead-line (badump bump) because it has taken us in Extension a very long time to wade into e-registration waters. Today we're going to talk about what's currently available, how much is it, and how you can use it for your program.
There are currently two options for most people in Extension for registration.

Option 1: You can use trusty old College of Continuing Education (CCE) online registration. This option has been around for a long time and is a tried and true system. The drawback? Most of you know this option as the "expensive" option. The last time I checked, which was about ten months ago, the cheapitty cheap cheap cheap option was $15 per registration. However, if your participant fees are $80 or more, I'd say that's not too bad for a reliable online registration system. Many AFE programs use this system. Contact CCE for more information.

Option 2: The new option for Extension is the Count Me In registration system. This option is priced lower and has had good feedback from the pilot users. The current cost is $3.50 per participant plus a credit card fee of 1.99% of the course fee plus $0.40 per credit card transaction. A drawback of this system is there is no person behind it to answer phone or mail registrations. Several AFE programs use this system. Contact Neil Anderson in the Extension Store for more information.

If any of you use any of these systems, I'd love to know your experiences. Happy registering!

Amy, since you said on the noon session that you never get comments I'm going to leave you the first one. GOOD JOB on the blog!

Amy, Thanks for helping to get the word out on the Extension Registration System.

Here's an update. Yes, we can handle mailed-in registrations. Though some program teams have opted to handle their own mail. We also handle customer registration questions that come in via phone, email, fax, mail, in-person. Currently, due to credit card security issues we are not accepting registrations over the phone. My understanding is that CCE does not take phone registrations either.

Even when the University network or Extension network is down the Extension Registration system is still accessible. This is because it is hosted off-site with redundancy and backup provided by network professional who work for the registration company.

Thanks -- Neil