« Extension 2.0 and Beyond! | Main

2010 Program Conference

I just wanted to share, in case anyone is interested, some basic evaluation results of our 2010 Program Conference. I personally had a great time and loved the location and space. I hope you all did too and maybe even left having learned a few new tricks to use in your job.

Here are some of the more interesting tidbits from the eval.

• Educational sessions (break-outs) were the most valuable part of the conference to 36% of respondents, the highest ranked part of the conference. This marks an interesting change from last year, when Center-organized time was the highest ranked event (39% marked it as most valuable in 2009, compared to 20% this year). 
  • The Hilton and the Bloomington location were rated as excellent. (For this reason we are considering having it there again next year!)
  • The Poster Session was considered good networking time by 61% of respondents, and a very useful and informative session by 40% of respondents. Fifty-eight percent of respondents learned about Extension projects they did not previously have knowledge of. The Poster Session used to be more universally-loved on the eval, so I wonder if this means it is time to shake things up a bit.
  • Fifty-eight percent of respondents indicated they participated in some aspect of Technopalooza (Technology Fair, held all day Tuesday). Of these respondents, 80% thought it was an effective way to teach technology topics at Program Conference. Forty-eight percent of all survey respondents thought a Technopalooza type of event should be included in the conference next year.
  • General feedback indicated that participants liked the variety offered at the conference this year and the fact that networking was explicitly encouraged.
Thank you to all of you who took the time to fill out the online evaluation. The planning committee pours over the results every year, so your feedback is taken very seriously!

I hope you had a worthwhile experience at Program Conference this year! I sure enjoyed seeing so many familiar faces!