More About Parkour?

Where can I go to learn more about le parkour?
Where can I meet more traceurs?
Where can I learn new moves and practice techniques?

American Parkour
http://www.americanparkour.com

Le Parkour Videos
http://www.youtube.com

Parkour Gear?

What should I wear when I train?
What kind of shoes should I get?
Should I wear 'breathable' clothing?
Should I not wear a shirt?

Clark Anderson (Le Parkour Duluth Traceur):
What I bought were a pair of Nike Cross-Trainers. I know that other LPD members bought regular running shoes, both work. The three main things you are looking for in the shoes are 1) shock absorption 2) ankle support and 3) good traction. You can probably purchase a fairly good pair for 25 - 40 bucks. Other than that you should be set. Word to the wise, don't wear street shoes or skate shoes. I did when I first started and they don't help at all, mostly just give you shin-splints and twisted ankles. For clothing I usually wear a light-weight t-shirt and shorts. But I know that Mark on the team usually wears PJ pants so almost anything light will work for clothing. Also, if your hair is longer I'd suggest tying it in a ponytail or up somehow to keep it out of your face, as done very often by Mark, Eric, Tom, and Jesse. As for me, I wear a hat (helps with my air flow). Just Kidding.

Eric Mislivec (Le Parkour Duluth Traceur):
I bought el-cheapo Reebok cross-trainers from DSW. There is a bit of a trade off: good cushion vs. sensitivity. There are times when more cushion will save you some pain, others when you really need the feeling of walking barefoot. As for clothing, comfortable stuff that doesn't constrict. A light fabric long-sleeve shirt can save the arms some scratches at times, depends on what you are doing.

Mark Schanzenbach (Le Parkour Duluth Traceur):
PJ pants are what its all about you guys...and swim trunks. My shoes are Saucony running shoes, they were $30 at DSW and i like the traction they have, DON'T wear street shoes... when we started I was wearing my old globes and my feet were always hurting so bad. I'm sure that's also because my rolls were bad at that time... but yes. Things like arch support, cushion, and ankle support are all good reasons to get some running shoes or the like.