Would you like a Pop or Soda? | Main | Former Military Officials challenge "don't ask, don't tell" Policy

Official 2004 Word of the Year! The Crown and Roses go to.

After Marriam-Websters Online staff sorted through thousands of online hits from the Online Dictionary, Online Thesaurus, and Online Collegiate, they decided on the Top Ten words of the year! After many assumed wasted hours of productivity by the staff sifting through worthless data, 873 boxes of Twinkies, 1400 cases of Coke, and 8000 hours of time, they finalized the contest of the Top Ten Words of 2004.

Even though incumbent was unable to pull through the last stretch of the 2004 presidential elections, it still received the silver metal of honor by the jaded Webster-Marriam staff! Electoral tops the charts with 3rd place (I think this is a conspiracy that will surface within the Bush Administration in years to come)! After strong consideration for the 2004 4rd place Word Award, the staff came to the conclusion insurgent was the most deserving. Our intelligent society placed hurricane in 5th place! This is the point in which I also give an additional award called the 2004 Idiots Award. This award goes out to everyone who actually looked hurricane up on the Online Dictionary! Due to the high turn over rates, severe exhaustion, fatigue, and the lack of appreciation and respect experienced by the contest staff, the next 5 places were chosen by an executive decision. They are the following:
6th Place: Cicada
7th Place: Peloton
8th Place: Partisan- *My speculation: Is this Bushs middle name?
9th: Place: Sovereignty- *My speculation is this word increased in the race a mere 6000% after Nov. 2nd when Americans realized Bush had another 4 years.
10th Placce: Defenestration

Funded by the Bush Administration, the Marriam-Webster staff placed (drum role) BLOG as the 2004 Word of the Year Award Recipient! Blog noun [short for Weblog] (1999) : a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer

For a complete summary of the 2004 Word Awards visit www.webster.com

Posted by ande4192 at December 5, 2004 3:40 PM | Laughs!

Is it sad that I already knew the definition of defenestration? Or is it worse that its midnight on Sunday and I'm reading your blog in an effort to avoid the inevitable end of my spring break?

Posted by: Wes at March 27, 2005 11:56 PM

I think, this is the best! [url=][/url]

Posted by: louise at July 12, 2007 3:22 AM

I think, this is the best! [url=][/url]

I think, this is the best! [url=][/url]

Posted by: louise at July 12, 2007 3:23 AM

Hear about? http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/admin/search/google?keywords=site%3Aforumlivre.com%20biagra biagra [url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/admin/search/google?keywords=site%3Aforumlivre.com%20biagra]biagra[/url]

Posted by: biagra at July 29, 2007 3:53 AM

Hello my loved one! I wish to say that this article is awesome, nice written and include almost all significant infos. I would like to peer more posts like this .

Posted by: unique baby gifts at July 11, 2011 11:26 AM

The Zune concentrates on being a Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a game machine. Maybe in the future it'll do even better in those areas, but for now it's a fantastic way to organize and listen to your music and videos, and is without peer in that regard. The iPod's strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those sound more compelling, perhaps it is your best choice.

Posted by: stride rite discounts at August 4, 2011 8:06 PM

The supermodels back in the 90s knew how to do the walk and turn. They did it elegantly and smoothly. Nowadays models are not trained to do the turns, they simply walk and as you can see here, the turns are rather clumsy and awkward. Still a beautiful collection though.

Posted by: Lolita Peerbolt at August 23, 2011 12:08 AM

I agree with your Blaine's State of Oblivion: Official 2004 Word of the Year! The Crown and Roses go to………., excellent post.

Posted by: farmville cheat engine at August 25, 2011 2:15 AM

I like Your Article about Blaine's State of Oblivion: Official 2004 Word of the Year! The Crown and Roses go to………. Perfect just what I was looking for! .

Posted by: farmville cheats at September 10, 2011 12:46 AM

I agree with your Blaine's State of Oblivion: Official 2004 Word of the Year! The Crown and Roses go to………., wonderful post.

Posted by: farmville cheats at September 25, 2011 5:15 AM

Appreciate it for sharing Blaine's State of Oblivion: Official 2004 Word of the Year! The Crown and Roses go to………. with us keep update bro love your article about Blaine's State of Oblivion: Official 2004 Word of the Year! The Crown and Roses go to………. .

Posted by: Free Makeup Samples at September 29, 2011 12:54 PM

I agree with your Blaine's State of Oblivion: Official 2004 Word of the Year! The Crown and Roses go to………., superb post.

Posted by: Belly Button Rings at October 17, 2011 7:14 AM

todo hiba bn hasta que la cagaste con ese final tan NACOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: ferragamo outlet at October 21, 2011 9:19 AM

I like Your Article about Blaine's State of Oblivion: Official 2004 Word of the Year! The Crown and Roses go to………. Perfect just what I was searching for! .

Posted by: Constipation remedies at October 27, 2011 4:01 AM

Posted by: invest liberty reserve at October 29, 2011 6:33 AM