« HOMOSEXUALITY PINPOINTED BY NORTH DAKOTA! | Main | ~Looking Beyond ~ »

China Comes Out of the Closet!

For the first time, China has released an offical estimate of it's gay population. Official reportings have been projected at 5-10 million gay men in China. Wow, I didn't know China even had gay people! This would mean about 2-4% of the male population. Officials speculate that these numbers are more than likely much higher, due to the oppresion put on the non-heterosexual standards. (WOW, really?)
The release also reported that 1.35% of this segment is infected with HIV, making gay men the second highest risk group after IV drug users.
The report came after China had been warned about how it is handling the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
China is currently looking into other methods to try and reach out to the GLBT community for support and compliance. Other methods? I'm sure no other methods have even been attempted!
My sincere congratulations goes to CHINA for "coming out" of not the closet, but your idiotic, arrogant nature! Great job jumping on the hitch of the bandwagon! We look forward to your further progress!

Posted by ande4192 at December 7, 2004 5:04 AM

hehe. China is silly

Posted by: Ashley at December 8, 2004 11:51 PM