« December 2004 | Main | February 2005 »

Optimistic Daily Outlook

I woke up this morning very optimistic about the outlook of my day. I decided to check my email before I headed off to lab, when I happened to check my horoscope, which I haven't done since around the 9th grade.
icons_cancer.gif
Cancer 6/22 - 7/22

"This is a fabulous day for you, dear Cancer. Indulge in all the comforts that life affords you. Take a break and let someone else pamper you. Share your thoughts with others. Your vacillating emotions are at a high point, and your romantic nature is especially strong. You will enjoy being in a favorable mood for the majority of the day, so let the good times roll. Pick up a musical instrument tonight or go out on the town with someone you love."

I guess if I was that oblvious, obsessive-compulsive person who relied on a positive daily horoscope to function in life, I would have a perfect day!

Posted by ande4192 at 6:39 AM

Irony News

1997-01-10.gif

Life is typically full of ironic situations; some good, some bad. Here is a situation from this past December I found interesting!

On Dec. 20, a United Parcel Service driver was involved in a crash on an icy road near Keene, N.H., suffered a head injury, and was taken to Cheshire Medical Center, where tests were to be performed, except that the required machine for them was broken (though parts were on order). After checking the status of the order, hospital personnel discovered that the parts had been shipped and were in fact in the crashed UPS truck, and someone was dispatched to the scene of the accident to retrieve them. [Keene Sentinel, 12-20-04]

Posted by ande4192 at 6:23 AM

Which Alcoholic Drink Are You?

Cocktail
Cocktail

?? Which Alcoholic Drink Are You ??
brought to you by Quizilla

With intentions of consuming alcohol tonight, I thought it would be cool to take this quiz in order to determine what alcoholic beverage I was! I'm a pretty normal drink; a cocktail! Let me know what you guys are!
Here are a few of my predictions (even though they're probably not options):
Rob-"cheap vodka in a water bottle!"
Ash-"some expensive wine"
Emma- "something cheap, like coaches 3-4-1s!!"
Rox- "Something psedo-alcoholic!"
Joe P- something skanky like "sex on the beach" lol j/k!

Posted by ande4192 at 9:33 PM

How Antisocial Are You?

I took this short Antisocial Quiz and I guess I'm not antisocial at all; however, with the results below, I think I would be antisocial if I looked like the ugly blonde chick! Let me know how you score!

take the antisocial test.

Posted by ande4192 at 8:57 PM

In My Arms

rose2.jpg

In My Arms
Blaine Anderson

Fate embellishes the foundation of our Love
Infatuation drowns my norm
The vision of your perfection astonishes me
Love is an accident waiting to happen
I can’t take my eyes off you

Infidelity humiliates my morality
Your arms surround me in the perplexity of your Love
We’ll both forget the breeze, most of the time
Desire is a stranger you think you know
I can’t take my eyes off you

Love overpowers infatuation’s desire
I hold you sheltered in my emotion
Dependence is perceived as insecurities
Dithering emotions of jealousy cause hesitation
I can’t take my mind off you

Tranquility is reached by your existent sincerity
Mutual emotions subdue every aspect of life except amazement
Realism is transferred into Love
Just like you said it would be
I hold you with elation in my arms

Posted by ande4192 at 5:45 AM

Bush Sworn In Another 4 Years, Brigitte Quinn Still Wondering What the Hell Happened!

fairandbalanced.jpg

The ultimate “non-biased” news source, Fox News, will probably be changing their protocols for “open” conversation for their guests. Yesterday morning, prior to Bush’s inauguration, Fox News’ Brigitte Quinn interviewed a representative from Vantity Fair, Judy Bachrach. Little did Fox News know about how Bachrach would express her opinion of the beautiful scenery surrounding the White House on inauguration day! One of the most hilarious video clips I have ever watched, Bachrach exposed the indecencies of the $40+Million 2004 Bush Inauguration instead of reinforcing the gorgeous White House scenery! Quinn, completely baffled from Bachrach’s responses, had no other tactics but to eventual cut Bachrach off the air!

Thanks to Pete finding this clip on another blog, I’m excited to share this MUST SEE VIDEO CLIP with you! Before you view this video clip, please view my previous blog entry titled “Cold Chicken Salad & Plain Pound Cake, Jump On the Bandwagon George!” This will give you a closer insight of what the 2004 Inauguration consisted of.

Please leave your comments in response to the clip, especially Dr. Joe and Jeff!

Click Here To Watch Video Clip of Interview!! When you get to the link, click on the video image to play!

Posted by ande4192 at 5:50 AM

I Can't Take My Eyes Off You, A Closer Film Review

closermain.jpg

A drama drenched in fortuitous love encounters twisted with infidelity and commitment realism, Closer reveals the mixture of true love and desire. Last week Peter and I went to see Closer at Block E in downtown Minneapolis.

I left the movie theater with a reinforced realistic view of humankind’s ambitions of love, commitment, and desire. From my perception, love is the strongest and most powerful emotion. Experiencing love is one of the best feelings in the world. What could possibly interfere with Love? Desire. How can an emotion filled with uncertainty lacking the strength and honesty compete with something so true? Closer points out that Desire is a stranger you think you know. Desire can compete for adventure and the unknown. Directed by Mike Nichols, casting Julia Roberts, Jude Law, Natalie Portman, Clive Owen, and Michael Haley; Closer paints the perfect picture for those of you who are completely optimistic about love at first sight.
closer cast.jpg
Love is an accident waiting to happen. Dan (Jude Law), playing a failed novelist & obituary writer, is walking down a London street when he spots Alice (Portman), a peculiar redhead, just before a car strikes her. Dan runs to her aid just before she regains her consciousness. When she awakes, an instant attraction is notable. Infatuation, initially deciphered as love, becomes the plot of the story. I feel the infatuation turns into true love throughout the story. Dan’s desire towards Anna (Roberts), a photographer, creates a parallel relationship that is equally incompatible. During Dan’s first encounter with Anna, Dan seems to fall in “love” again, while Alice waits outside the studio. The force of Dan’s desire overpowers his love towards Alice. Dan and Anna testify their infatuation during the same phase as Alice and Larry (Owen), Anna’s husband she met off the Internet from a practical joke played by Dan. Anna states to Dan “why did you swear eternal love when all you wanted was excitement? Love bores you.” Dan replies with “No, it disappoints me.” Throughout the progression of the movie, mixtures of emotions are displayed. This movie will leave you wondering what it takes for a relationship to be true. Does a relationship just conform into trueness and happiness without negative times? Does hurt solidify trueness and love? Some say truth is a game…you play to win.

How can infatuation be solidified into love? Is infatuation more powerful than love? If you believe in love at first sight, you never stop looking. This film leaves massive space for personal reflection. This is one of the best movies I have viewed. Closer, giving a hurtful, but realistic view of relationships keeps your attention throughout the entire film. Bathed in fantastic music, this movie will leave you pondering what it takes to make love true. Please leave your comments in response to your analysis of this film!

Click Here to View the Closer Movie Trailer!

Posted by ande4192 at 4:23 PM

Cold Chicken Salad & Plain Pound Cake, Jump On the Bandwagon George!

topban.gif

What’s more disheartening than Bush being re-elected? I could think of many reasons; however, I would have to say celebrating a privately funded $40 million inauguration, with another estimated $66 million in taxpayer’s money to cover intense security and other accessory event items, which will be taking place during a time of war & world distress. This will be the most expensive inauguration in history! Bush, leading our country to a record breaking national deficit of $412 billion last year, creating a war in Iraq with a $5 million-a-month price tag, just a couple of his accomplishments; however, he strongly feels he deserves this lavish party!

Bush, the only word that comes in mind to describe you right now is IDIOT! Maybe you should research your fellow republican, Franklin D. Roosevelt, during his 1945 inauguration where he served cold chicken salad and plain pound cake to his guests, which was held at the white house. Since you are such a great history buff, I’m sure you already know this was during World War II, war being the key word. I would give you one more example; however, I know you will ignore it because it’s an example of a logical approach a democrat took during wartime. During WW I, Wilson actually cancelled his inauguration festivities with respect to wartime and distress. Maybe you could serve a Texas style meal, like Frank’n’Beans?!

Congratulations to the idiotic donors who made contributions of at least $250,000 to support the most expensive inauguration in history! Home Depot, Bank of America, pharmaceutical company Bristol-Myers & Squibb, and Ford Motors. Before next contributions are allocated for inaugurations, please check into developing academic scholarships; however, have a BLAST at this year’s festivities.

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to attend your lavish festivities next Thursday, George; however, please think of me, a college student paying increased tuition because the lack of federal funding, when you indulge at the courtesy of my tax dollar.

Posted by ande4192 at 7:56 PM

This is for you, Emily!

About a month ago, I promised my best friend in the entire world, Emily, that I would include her on a blog entry. Well Emma, this is for you! Emily has been my best friend since as far back as I can remember. I can honestly say my life would be pretty boring without knowing her, until I moved to the twin cities anyway. We’ve done a lot together, including going on an official date, being FHS Homecoming King & Queen, skipping class and getting caught, and attending a murder trial, just to name a few. I think we share more inside jokes than anyone I know! Emma was the first person I ever told about my then, “little secret.” She still loved me; however, I guess that was after we built a pyramid of beer cans in my freshmen dorm room and then went to sleep; more liked passed out. We know each other better than anyone else. We have a formal, legal-binding contract to get married to each other at the age of 30 if we don’t find anyone else!
doctorswbody.jpg
This picture is from my sophomore year in high school! Note Emma in the picture!

This is a picture of back in the good ol’ high school days when we had a secretive medical clinic at school. We would periodically load people up in the back of the world’s ugliest van that was used to haul extra-curricular students around in. We risked detention to play this little game during the school day. Pictured is Dr. Bob Fischer, MD, Dr. Gertrude Whoretense, MD, and Gloria Moon-Unit, PA-C (working on her MD), the patient is Frank with an unknown last name. This picture can also be interpreted as Blaine playing ambulance!
To the fun times and great memories, I Love you Emma!

Posted by ande4192 at 3:50 AM

Reaching to the Unreachable

Reaching to the Unreachable
Blaine Anderson

Comfort my hand, you can’t feel it

Wear my shoes, they don’t match you
Walk with me, you collapse with realism

Put my clothes on, they don’t appeal to you
Trepidations of survival drench them

Look through my eyes, you can’t see
Your dazzling ambitions block out my image

Surrender your attention, your ignorance murders me
I’m inconceivable, confide in me

Comfort my hand, please feel it

This is an aspect of poetry I enjoy writing about. How would you decipher this poem? Who Am I? leave your comments!

Posted by ande4192 at 6:27 PM

Money Buys Unsafe Healthcare Endorsements, Scientists Ignore Safety Concerns

hsc0902l.jpg

You make an appointment with your physician for a previous traumatic injury, an injured knee. Your physician prescribes you a medication for pain and swelling, Celebrex. Since the doctor prescribed this to me, it has to be safe, right? Wrong! The ignorance of most individuals having complete confidence in their healthcare provider can and will kill. This medication is practically identical to Vioxx, a drug that was just recalled due to safety concerns such as an increased risk of heart failure and stroke, along with various other conditions. Why are these unsafe medications made available for prescription? Money.

The latest controversy over the safety of COX-2 inhibitors (Vioxx), this time Pfizer's Celebrex, coincides with the release of a previously unpublished internal survey by the Union of Concerned Scientists and the Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility.

The survey states that nearly one in five scientists "have been pressured to approve or recommend approval" for a drug "despite reservations about the safety, efficacy or quality of the drug." In addition, two-thirds of the respondents expressed a lack of confidence in the agency's safety monitoring of drugs that have been approved.

Our government scientists are being forced to do the bidding of big business. But are we really surprised? There are more pharmaceutical lobbyists in Washington, D.C., than there are congressmen and congresswomen. Pharmaceutical companies spent over $14 million on campaign contributions this past year and spend more on advertising than research and development. The American people are paying for this patronage not only with higher drug prices but also in some cases with their lives.

It is time our congressmen and congresswomen put the safety and well being of their constituents ahead of big business.

The Senate will be confirming new directors of the Environmental Protection Agency, Food and Drug Administration and the Department of Health and Human Services; all three agencies should rely on independent science to create public policy. Nominees for these positions need to ensure the public that agency scientists will not be pressured to suppress or alter research that compromises the integrity of science.

Contact your congressmen and congresswomen and insist that independent science be protected from political abuse - or, who knows, the current drug controversy may be the tip of the iceberg, and the next life lost due to scientific malfeasance may be your own. Take charge of your own health.

Posted by ande4192 at 5:14 PM

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS FACE?

Give me what I want Ash.tiff
LOOK INTO MY EYES!!!

If you have ever been manipulated you probably have. This is Ashley, AKA “I GET EVERYTHING I WANT,” including making Blaine stay up until sunrise. Ashley tends to use this exact manipulative face to get what she wants, please note the puppy dog eyes. Congratulations, Ashley, you did it again, causing me to stay up WAY past my bedtime!

We did have a great time together tonight/ this morning, like always. The fun included taking professional pictures with my iSight (the above pic is from tonight..along with many others), spending an hour on Hot or Not making puking noises at the Fugly people, and discussing our future plans of attending Brown College double majoring in culinary arts and massage therary with a minor in a work-at-home career (the Medical Doctor option). There is never a dull moment when we hang out! Cheers to you, Ashley, Goodnight, Love you!

Posted by ande4192 at 5:38 AM

Wal-Mart, Rolling Back Everything Except the Sack!

115513_100X100.jpg

ANOTHER GREAT REASON TO SHOP AT WALLY WORLD: Besides fighting over the electric wheelchair with a shopping basket in the front from a 400lbs woman who happens to like horses.

I’m not sure what this world is coming to. I would like to think it’s Wal-Mart’s fault for creating such a low-class facility for poverty-struck individuals to obtain their treasures; however, I have purchased shoelaces there once. When I think of Wal-Mart, I think of the greeters at the front doors of Wally. I think it’s a prerequisite to either be 65+ or have some sort of mental disability. Job Requirements: NONE! One smart greeter had an idea how to “spice” up his job….
A 65-year-old Wal-Mart greeter has been fired for greeting customers with a computer-generated photograph of himself wearing nothing but a Wal-Mart sack.
Dean Wooten was fired in September from his job as a greeter at the Muscatine Wal-Mart store where he had worked for seven years, state records show. He was accused of greeting customers with a picture of himself in which he appeared to be naked except for the carefully placed sack.

Wooten allegedly told customers that Wal-Mart was cutting back on expenses and that the sack represented the new employee uniform.
After some customers complained, a supervisor told Wooten not to display the picture. Five days later, after more customers complained, Wooten admitted he had brought the picture back to work and had been showing it again to customers. He was fired that day.

Wooten applied for unemployment benefits but was denied by Administrative Law Judge Susan Brightman, who ruled that "a reasonable person would know the act of showing a naked body wearing a Wal-Mart sack would not be good for the employer's business."
Wooten said he thought customers would find the photo amusing. It wasn't intended to be critical of Wal-Mart, he said.

"I didn't have nothing against Wal-Mart," he said. "A friend of mine got the photo of the body off the Internet, and he had a picture of me and he put my head on it. When I first seen it, I pretty near died laughing."

Posted by ande4192 at 5:05 AM

Who Will You Marry?

After checking out this link from my friend's blog, Take Short Quiz Now!!,
I was shocked. I didn't know something so accurate was actually believable. Check it out for yourself. WARNING, you will be shocked at the results!

Posted by ande4192 at 5:41 PM

What High School Stereotype Are You?

So here is another stupid blog quiz. What high school stereotype are you?

Take the What High School
Stereotype Are You?
quiz.

Posted by ande4192 at 2:36 PM

Depersonalization Sessions, Perkins Family Restaurant

Two nights the past two weeks I found myself to be detached from reality and entrapped in depersonalization sessions, as a direct result from a subconscious surrender to Ashley & Rachel’s proposal. DARE didn’t teach me to “Just Say No” to situations like this, being influenced to drive to Perkins at 2am. It would be a different story if I were there to eat; however, I have yet to actually eat while being there. I just sit there doing the normal routine as the rest of the “regular” group does, minus rolling silverware like most do. The normal routine includes making fun of random people, this includes other regulars, customers, servers/hosts, and sometimes each other.

A typical night includes at least 8 refills of Coke, refilled by Behn with a H, conversing with other regulars, watching this chick (patchy) get her hair detangled for hours by her what appears to be an ex-carnie that the state fair left behind, watching SilverWare boy roll silverware for a muffin and pop, teaching Behn Sex Ed, as well as many other events. There is never a dull moment at Perkins Family Restaurant off Louisiana & 394. We typically sit there until the sun comes up, after being stir crazy for at least an hour.
me and jess.jpg
Behn With a H

One thing I take away from Perkins each time is my strong dedication & commitment to my medical professional career. I could never imagine myself being a Perkin’s Lifer, like most appear to be. I would rather be deceased; however, this is not an inference I would kill myself.

Here is a HOT pic of Ashley and I at Perkins.
91da.jpg
Umm...HI, we're HOT.

Posted by ande4192 at 4:55 PM