« January 2005 | Main | March 2005 »

Who Wants Chipotle? Hearse Sighting!

So my friend Lesley and I decided to to head to Manhanttan Loft next to Chipotle after going to lunch with Nick & Anne at Coffman. What an eventful trip at Manhattan Loft!
my girls.jpg
My friend Lesley who is currently single! :)

Anyway, so we're sitting at a table looking out at Washington Ave and there was a Hearse parked in the no parking zone in front of Chipotle! The funeral guy jumped out and went and ordered Chipotle! As it was pulling away we could see in the back and we're 100% sure there was a casket in the back! WOW! Nothing like taking Grandma for one last ride to Chipotle! This is a sight you don't see everyday!
DIHearse.jpg
After the hearse encounter, Lesley points out what appears to be a homeless man walking by shoving a recorder, you know like the ones you play Hot Cross Buns on in 4th grade, down the front of his pants! COOL LIFE HOMELESS GUY WALKING BY MANHATTAN LOFT!!

Posted by ande4192 at 2:55 PM

A Unique Eating Experience, Famous Dave's!

about_01.gif

Last night at work my partner and I ate at Famous Dave's in a suburb of the Twin Cities. The customer service was excellent!! I don't know if the customer service is excellent for everyone or if it was just great because we were in paramedic uniforms; however, the staff seemed sincere. Like always, right after we ordered our food, we receieved a 911 call. This happens all the time! The staff was nice enough to hold our orders and make it when we returned. 1 hour later, I was able to experience fantastic BBQ Ribs! The best part of the entire experience was getting half off for being on duty! It was awesome!

The BBQ Ribs were awesome! I actually had to wear a semi-bib because of my white shirt! I didn't want BBQ sauce all over my uniform. I'm typically a slob like that when I eat, so I was being proactive. The BBQ smell lingered on me despite several attempts of washing my face and hands. I'm sure my patients appreciated it! I highly recommend Famous Dave's!

Posted by ande4192 at 7:34 PM

7 Years To Go! Happy Birthday Emily Jane Sheldon!

images-1.jpg

My best friend in the entire world, Emma, just turned 23 today! 23 years ago this infant would soon grow to be a mere extension of my life. I can honestly say my life would be boring without her. True friends are extremely hard to come by, especially the friendship that Emily and I share! We know each other inside and out (well not in that sense; however, one time we did go on a date!) We talk to each other almost everyday, eventhough we're separated by half the country. Emily currently resides in Seattle, she's the big city type of girl....or not.

Some may say we're partners in crime, others may say we're lovers. The latter one is correct. So one of our lovely "Blaine and Emma" days, we made a pact that we would marry each other at the age of 30, that is if we didn't find anyone else. As time progresses, I'm pretty sure we'll be married, eventhough she has Ben and I have Peter! I'm pretty sure we were serious as a heart attack about this pact because we even bought each other engagement rings from Wal-Mart one night. Mine disappeared! Her family already refers to me as the "son-in-law", honestly! Gotta love Bill, Carol, Anne, & Sara!

I would have to say a great memory was ME taking Emma out for her 21st Birthday! I'm pretty sure she is older than I am! I was a barfly at this time, where in most cases the bar staff knew me and wouldn't even request my fake ID! It was a great time, espeically when we went out with our "new" wedding rings on in order to get people to buy us drinks.

I've never related to a person in my life as I do to Em! I'll never forget our special moments together discussing our life plans. We would cuddle together with Goo Goo Doll's Name playing on repeat talking about what we wanted to do in life. We've never really figured anything out though...I mean, look at us!

Emily Jane Sheldon, you are my bestest of best friends in the entire world! I love you with all my heart. We've been there for each other through great times and some not so pleasant times. I look forward to being best friends with you forever. We have a friendship like no other! Happy Birthday Emily, you mean the world to me!

Posted by ande4192 at 2:12 PM

Welcome, Ashley Anne!

Roxanne, my wonderful friend from Fargo, has a new addition to her family! Her niece, Ashley Anne, was born last Friday at 3:20, weighing 7lbs, 11oz & 20 1/4 inches tall!

AshleyYawn.jpg

I can guarantee Ashley will be spoiled by Aunt Roxanne!
Congratulations Rox & Family!

Posted by ande4192 at 4:14 AM

Falling Without Notice

This is one of my favorite poems. I wrote this dedicated poem in the summer of 2003 for my best friend Emily when she lost her grandmother. Emily and I are virtually extensions of each other's lives. I thought I would share this poem with you.

rose2.jpg

"Falling Without Notice"
Blaine Anderson

Sorry I had to leave you without notice,
My wings were ready before I had a chance to say goodbye.

God relieved my time on Earth,
My Guardian Angel duty in Heaven has started.

God sent an Angel to take me by the hand to
Begin the journey into the unknown.

Don't think of me being gone or far away,
I'm only a prayer or thought away.

You will hear me whisper joy through the
Tranquility of the winds and see me smile through the brightness.

Don't be disappointed by my goodbye; a farewell is necessary
Before we can meet again.

Posted by ande4192 at 7:36 PM

Stupidy Kills, So Do Potato Guns!

Stupid Person + Potato Gun=Death

Prime example of how stupidity kills. It's clear anything that causes an explosion, especially homemade, is very dangerous. The below article describes how a man was killed by shooting a potato gun. A potato gun is virtually a homemade pipe bomb that causes an explosion to force a potato shooting out one end, similar to a regular gun. Unfortunately, stupidity kills.

URBANA, Ohio (AP) A man was sentenced to three years probation after admitting he fired potatoes from a metal pipe contraption that exploded, killing his brother-in-law.

Judd B. Coffey, 32, also must perform 100 hours of community service for a charge of possessing a dangerous ordnance, under the ruling Tuesday by Champaign County Common Pleas Judge Roger Wilson.

Coffey pleaded guilty in December, saying he fashioned a potato gun out of a foot-long section of pipe.

The potato gun blew up in June outside Coffey's home in the western Ohio village of Cable, killing 21-year-old Kyle
Thompson. Coffey and two other men were hospitalized.

Coffey moved to South Carolina after recovering.

Posted by ande4192 at 6:52 AM