Category "Blaine's Reviews"

A Unique Eating Experience, Famous Dave's!

about_01.gif

Last night at work my partner and I ate at Famous Dave's in a suburb of the Twin Cities. The customer service was excellent!! I don't know if the customer service is excellent for everyone or if it was just great because we were in paramedic uniforms; however, the staff seemed sincere. Like always, right after we ordered our food, we receieved a 911 call. This happens all the time! The staff was nice enough to hold our orders and make it when we returned. 1 hour later, I was able to experience fantastic BBQ Ribs! The best part of the entire experience was getting half off for being on duty! It was awesome!

The BBQ Ribs were awesome! I actually had to wear a semi-bib because of my white shirt! I didn't want BBQ sauce all over my uniform. I'm typically a slob like that when I eat, so I was being proactive. The BBQ smell lingered on me despite several attempts of washing my face and hands. I'm sure my patients appreciated it! I highly recommend Famous Dave's!

Posted by ande4192 at 7:34 PM | Blaine's Reviews

Category "Blaine's Reviews"

I Can't Take My Eyes Off You, A Closer Film Review

closermain.jpg

A drama drenched in fortuitous love encounters twisted with infidelity and commitment realism, Closer reveals the mixture of true love and desire. Last week Peter and I went to see Closer at Block E in downtown Minneapolis.

I left the movie theater with a reinforced realistic view of humankind’s ambitions of love, commitment, and desire. From my perception, love is the strongest and most powerful emotion. Experiencing love is one of the best feelings in the world. What could possibly interfere with Love? Desire. How can an emotion filled with uncertainty lacking the strength and honesty compete with something so true? Closer points out that Desire is a stranger you think you know. Desire can compete for adventure and the unknown. Directed by Mike Nichols, casting Julia Roberts, Jude Law, Natalie Portman, Clive Owen, and Michael Haley; Closer paints the perfect picture for those of you who are completely optimistic about love at first sight.
closer cast.jpg
Love is an accident waiting to happen. Dan (Jude Law), playing a failed novelist & obituary writer, is walking down a London street when he spots Alice (Portman), a peculiar redhead, just before a car strikes her. Dan runs to her aid just before she regains her consciousness. When she awakes, an instant attraction is notable. Infatuation, initially deciphered as love, becomes the plot of the story. I feel the infatuation turns into true love throughout the story. Dan’s desire towards Anna (Roberts), a photographer, creates a parallel relationship that is equally incompatible. During Dan’s first encounter with Anna, Dan seems to fall in “love” again, while Alice waits outside the studio. The force of Dan’s desire overpowers his love towards Alice. Dan and Anna testify their infatuation during the same phase as Alice and Larry (Owen), Anna’s husband she met off the Internet from a practical joke played by Dan. Anna states to Dan “why did you swear eternal love when all you wanted was excitement? Love bores you.” Dan replies with “No, it disappoints me.” Throughout the progression of the movie, mixtures of emotions are displayed. This movie will leave you wondering what it takes for a relationship to be true. Does a relationship just conform into trueness and happiness without negative times? Does hurt solidify trueness and love? Some say truth is a game…you play to win.

How can infatuation be solidified into love? Is infatuation more powerful than love? If you believe in love at first sight, you never stop looking. This film leaves massive space for personal reflection. This is one of the best movies I have viewed. Closer, giving a hurtful, but realistic view of relationships keeps your attention throughout the entire film. Bathed in fantastic music, this movie will leave you pondering what it takes to make love true. Please leave your comments in response to your analysis of this film!

Click Here to View the Closer Movie Trailer!

Posted by ande4192 at 4:23 PM | Blaine's Reviews