Category "Domesticated?"

Wal-Mart, Rolling Back Everything Except the Sack!

115513_100X100.jpg

ANOTHER GREAT REASON TO SHOP AT WALLY WORLD: Besides fighting over the electric wheelchair with a shopping basket in the front from a 400lbs woman who happens to like horses.

Iím not sure what this world is coming to. I would like to think itís Wal-Martís fault for creating such a low-class facility for poverty-struck individuals to obtain their treasures; however, I have purchased shoelaces there once. When I think of Wal-Mart, I think of the greeters at the front doors of Wally. I think itís a prerequisite to either be 65+ or have some sort of mental disability. Job Requirements: NONE! One smart greeter had an idea how to ďspiceĒ up his jobÖ.
A 65-year-old Wal-Mart greeter has been fired for greeting customers with a computer-generated photograph of himself wearing nothing but a Wal-Mart sack.
Dean Wooten was fired in September from his job as a greeter at the Muscatine Wal-Mart store where he had worked for seven years, state records show. He was accused of greeting customers with a picture of himself in which he appeared to be naked except for the carefully placed sack.

Wooten allegedly told customers that Wal-Mart was cutting back on expenses and that the sack represented the new employee uniform.
After some customers complained, a supervisor told Wooten not to display the picture. Five days later, after more customers complained, Wooten admitted he had brought the picture back to work and had been showing it again to customers. He was fired that day.

Wooten applied for unemployment benefits but was denied by Administrative Law Judge Susan Brightman, who ruled that "a reasonable person would know the act of showing a naked body wearing a Wal-Mart sack would not be good for the employer's business."
Wooten said he thought customers would find the photo amusing. It wasn't intended to be critical of Wal-Mart, he said.

"I didn't have nothing against Wal-Mart," he said. "A friend of mine got the photo of the body off the Internet, and he had a picture of me and he put my head on it. When I first seen it, I pretty near died laughing."

Posted by ande4192 at 5:05 AM | Domesticated?