Category "Political"

Corruption Prevails Within Republican Party, Again!

California congressman Randy Cunningham pleaded guilty Monday to conspiracy and tax charges shortly before resigning. He admitted he took $2.4 Million in bribes! Cunningham entered pleas in U. S. District Court to charges of conspiracy to commit bribery, mail fraud, wire fraud, and tax evasion.

Cunningham is an eight-term Republican congressman. He was currently serving as chairman of the House Intelligence subcommittee on terrorism and human intelligence. Human intelligence! How ironic.

In a statement, prosecutors said Cunningham admitted to receiving at least $2.4 million in bribes paid to him by several conspirators through a variety of methods, including checks totaling over $1 million, cash, rugs, antiques, furniture, yacht club fees and vacations.

Cunningham's pleas came amid a series of GOP scandals. Rep. Tom DeLay of Texas had to step down as majority leader after he was indicted in a campaign finance case; a stock sale by Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist is being looked at by regulators; and Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff was indicted in the CIA leak case.

The Republican Party has such a fantastic leader, who only chooses to lead by example. Wait, the problem is now clear to me! Republicans, I recommend you start packing up your bags.

Posted by ande4192 at 6:30 PM | Political

Category "Political"

DeLay, and not the former motto of FEMA

Abraham Lincoln, the first Republican to win the white house in 1860, would be extremely disappointed with the party that he set most of the foundational groundwork for. I highly doubt he intended for ruthless corruption to take over the political party he fought so hard to build.

It’s official; the corruption within the Republican Party is finally surfacing. Wednesday a Texas court issued a warrant for former House Majority Leader Tom Delay to appear for booking at the Fort Bend County Jail.

Felony charges are pending in regards to allegations that a DeLay-founded Texas political committee funneled corporate money into state GOP legislative races through the National Republican Party. Texas law prohibits use of corporate money to elect state candidates.

Of course DeLay is responding with the new Bush-induced motto of the Republican Party, “ I deny any wrongdoing.”

The effort had major political consequences, first by helping Republicans take control of the Texas Legislature in the 2002 elections. The Legislature then redrew congressional boundaries according to a DeLay-inspired plan, took command of the state's U.S. House delegation and helped the GOP retain its U.S. House majority.

This is another rung taken off the Bush support ladder, directly under the missing rung from the endorsement of Miers. Bush’s support from fellow American’s trust is disintegrating, already suffering from the lowest support rating of his presidency, according to the latest Gallup Poll conducted October 13th-16th, 2005, a mere 39% supporting his performance.

Posted by ande4192 at 3:27 PM | Political

Category "Political"

My Favorite First Lady!

eleanor.gif

In response to my previous entry, “ What Political Stereotype Are You?” my pal Wes, who is in law school at St. Thomas, commented that his results also came back as Franklin Roosevelt. Wes informed me that instead of paying attention during law school he chooses to read my blog! Wes, if you plan on becoming my malpractice attorney you better start paying attention in class! He also pointed out that our “wife”, Anna Eleanor, derived from the results, was very ugly. I agree; however, she was a very influential figure that promoted freedom & equality, more than any other First lady. My Favorite First Lady!

Eleanor paved the way for future activists who promoted equality, specifically Women’s Rights. In the mid 1940’s, she served as the chairwoman of the UN’s Human Rights Commission. She also helped draft the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. I strongly believe Franklin & Eleanor (who were distant cousins) were one of the finest-coordinated teams to ever hold office as President & First Lady.

Posted by ande4192 at 1:33 PM | Political

Category "Political"

Bush Sworn In Another 4 Years, Brigitte Quinn Still Wondering What the Hell Happened!

fairandbalanced.jpg

The ultimate “non-biased” news source, Fox News, will probably be changing their protocols for “open” conversation for their guests. Yesterday morning, prior to Bush’s inauguration, Fox News’ Brigitte Quinn interviewed a representative from Vantity Fair, Judy Bachrach. Little did Fox News know about how Bachrach would express her opinion of the beautiful scenery surrounding the White House on inauguration day! One of the most hilarious video clips I have ever watched, Bachrach exposed the indecencies of the $40+Million 2004 Bush Inauguration instead of reinforcing the gorgeous White House scenery! Quinn, completely baffled from Bachrach’s responses, had no other tactics but to eventual cut Bachrach off the air!

Thanks to Pete finding this clip on another blog, I’m excited to share this MUST SEE VIDEO CLIP with you! Before you view this video clip, please view my previous blog entry titled “Cold Chicken Salad & Plain Pound Cake, Jump On the Bandwagon George!” This will give you a closer insight of what the 2004 Inauguration consisted of.

Please leave your comments in response to the clip, especially Dr. Joe and Jeff!

Click Here To Watch Video Clip of Interview!! When you get to the link, click on the video image to play!

Posted by ande4192 at 5:50 AM | Political

Category "Political"

Cold Chicken Salad & Plain Pound Cake, Jump On the Bandwagon George!

topban.gif

What’s more disheartening than Bush being re-elected? I could think of many reasons; however, I would have to say celebrating a privately funded $40 million inauguration, with another estimated $66 million in taxpayer’s money to cover intense security and other accessory event items, which will be taking place during a time of war & world distress. This will be the most expensive inauguration in history! Bush, leading our country to a record breaking national deficit of $412 billion last year, creating a war in Iraq with a $5 million-a-month price tag, just a couple of his accomplishments; however, he strongly feels he deserves this lavish party!

Bush, the only word that comes in mind to describe you right now is IDIOT! Maybe you should research your fellow republican, Franklin D. Roosevelt, during his 1945 inauguration where he served cold chicken salad and plain pound cake to his guests, which was held at the white house. Since you are such a great history buff, I’m sure you already know this was during World War II, war being the key word. I would give you one more example; however, I know you will ignore it because it’s an example of a logical approach a democrat took during wartime. During WW I, Wilson actually cancelled his inauguration festivities with respect to wartime and distress. Maybe you could serve a Texas style meal, like Frank’n’Beans?!

Congratulations to the idiotic donors who made contributions of at least $250,000 to support the most expensive inauguration in history! Home Depot, Bank of America, pharmaceutical company Bristol-Myers & Squibb, and Ford Motors. Before next contributions are allocated for inaugurations, please check into developing academic scholarships; however, have a BLAST at this year’s festivities.

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to attend your lavish festivities next Thursday, George; however, please think of me, a college student paying increased tuition because the lack of federal funding, when you indulge at the courtesy of my tax dollar.

Posted by ande4192 at 7:56 PM | Political