TV ads & Taking Action

The last TV ad that I saw that caused me to take immediate action was the Old Spice commercial featuring Greg Jennings of the Green Bay Packers. It caused me to take immediate action because of three primary reasons. First, I like Greg Jennings as a person and as a football player. He is dominant on the field, and humble off it. He made the stick of Old Spice men's deodorant look 'cool'. Second, the design on the stick of Old Spice men's deodorant was aesthetically pleasing. After seeing the ad, I thought that it would look good on my shelf. Finally, when I saw this ad I was fresh out of deodorant. I was literally on my way out the door to shop for groceries, and after seeing this ad I was reminded of the fact that I needed more deodorant and I decided to pick some up at the grocery store.

It was a good ad because if forced me to think about what I wanted in a deodorant, and why I wanted it. It evoked subconscious decision-making processes in my mind that convinced me to purchase the deodorant at the grocery store.