myU OneStop

Department of Applied Economics.


Department of Applied Economics Forms

I. Frequently Used Forms:

II. Outside Consulting Request and Reporting Forms:

The University policy concerning Outside Consulting and Other Commitments, applicable to faculty and P&A staff, can be found at

To request approval for involvement in an outside consulting activity that will require more than three days in one academic year, a Request for Outside Consulting (ROC) may be completed and routed for approval through the Electronic Grants Management System (EGMS) at Annual Reporting of External Professional Activities (REPA) is required and also completed through the EGMS site.

Once entering the EGMS site, click on "EGMS Forms", and log in using your InternetID and password. Click on "Make a Request" and select the appropriate form. The first approver will be the department head and the second approver will be the CFANS Associate Dean for Research.

To provide an overview of the new form and to highlight changes from the previous AREPA form, the EGMS team has posted a REPA Preview Web site. To examine the REPA form's new design, preparation process, and wording, access the REPA Preview at For more information about the new REPA, contact Meg Becker in the Office of Regulatory Affairs at 612.626.1462 or

III. Form W-4 Notice To All Employees:

IRS regulations require the University of Minnesota to remind you annually to file a new Form W-4 whenever there is a change in filing status, exemption allowances (number of dependents claimed), or exempt status. You can change your W-4 allowances online at the Human Resources Self Service web site at by choosing Self Service Actions, W-4 Online.

To Assure That Your Form W-2 is mailed to the correct address, please verify that your mailing address is accurate. You can view your address and make any necessary changes through the Human Resources Self Service web site at under Self Service Actions, Update Personal Information. If you have any questions, please contact the HRMS/Payroll Call Center at (612) 625-2016.

IV. Reporting Discrimination:

The Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action helps students and employees with concerns about possible discrimination. If you have experienced or observed potential discrimination, an equal opportunity consultant can discuss the issues, help resolve the problems, investigate, or provide educational programming. We can provide the best assistance by meeting in person, or at least discussing the situation in a phone call. To make an appointment, call 612-624-9547; TTY 612-626-8947.

As an alternative, print and fill out a Consultation Form (Word or PDF) and submit it to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 419 Morrill Hall, 100 Church St. SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, or provide the information in an email to We will contact you after receiving your information.For more information about filing a discrimination complaint, refer to the definitions page and the section on the Discrimination Consultation Process.

Leave a comment

About this Archive

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.